Sonic Electronix

(dont have said vehicle) but i like to run a toggle switch for my deck hooked up to the switched so i can turn it on/off whenever i want

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

i splice a wire in from my constant to a toggle switch out to my switched so i can turn it on when i want and off when i dont want it on

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

fdfj.jpg

your yellows your constant, your reds the switched the grey is where you tie in

so where you connect your power to power (constant) you hook up another wire and extend that to your toggle switch then from the toggle switch you wanna go out to your red switched on the deck

hope the picture helps

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

current build

I also have another solution for you.. You wanted to use it only when in the accessory position, so I'm taking uhoh's idea, you could also get a test light and find which wire in your ignition is your accessory ( + ) and hook a toggle up to that to run your head unit. Uhoh's idea is the best, but the only problem is when you forget to turn it off, you can drain your battery. My buddy wired his up the same way, and his head unit is possessed and turns on whenever so it drains his battery often. Also, might want to fuse your toggle somewhat near your 12v connection so if it shorts, only the fuse blows and no fires happen.

Just my .02 cents. Feel free to use my advice or not.

Edited for spelling. Typing to quick.

Edited by Wastehog

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

I also have another solution for you.. You wanted to use it only when in the accessory position, so I'm taking uhoh's idea, you could also get a test light and find which wire in your ignition is your accessory ( + ) and hook a toggle up to that to run your head unit. Uhoh's idea is the best, but the only problem is when you forget to turn it off, you can drain your battery. My buddy wired his up the same way, and his head unit is possessed and turns on whenever so it drains his battery often. Also, might want to fuse your toggle somewhat near your 12v connection so if it shorts, only the fuse blows and no fires happen.

Just my .02 cents. Feel free to use my advice or not.

Edited for spelling. Typing to quick.

my model Tahoe doesnt have an accessory position

fdfj.jpg

your yellows your constant, your reds the switched the grey is where you tie in

so where you connect your power to power (constant) you hook up another wire and extend that to your toggle switch then from the toggle switch you wanna go out to your red switched on the deck

hope the picture helps

picture was very helpful thanks