Second Skin Audio

Check list for my next enclosure...help me out

Haven't exactly come up with my final dimensions but this is a little idea of what I have...

To begin with:

48"Width

48" Depth

20"Height (slightly over the window line but atleast im still able to see back ;D)

Then after taking off 1.5 because of the 3/4 mdf I have these measurements

46.5"W

46.5"D

18.5"H

Then the parts the will be doubled up im left with these dimensions:

45"W

45"D

18.5" H...The heigh will be double baffled but like Meade did it. I will cut out the holes on the second layer with the subs outer diamter to give it that flush look and also for bracing. I benefit from this because I don't have to raise the subs more then I want to leaving me still with 18.5" height instead of 17.75" height.

That leaves me with the following dimensions:

45"W

45"D

18.5"H

-.75"(chamber divider if I do two chambers instead of 1).

-1.04" subs displacement.

That leaves me with exactly 19.76 cubic ft to work with before port displacement.

I know I should give them a little more room but do you guys think I will be fine with 19.7 cubic ft to work with?

Did I forget any thing?

extra bracing....but let's assume 19 ft3 @ 16sq" port area per cube = 304 sq".....say 20 x 15 x 20 (tunes to 35 hz) equals port dispalacement of 3.47.....SO recalculate 19ft3 minus roughly 3 ft3 of port = 16ft3 then 250 sq" of port.....20 x 12.5 x 21 (35 hz) port dispacament of 3.03 ft3....we have a winner it's that easy

edit to add not that easy just been doing it a while.....hope this helps      :^

extra bracing....but let's assume 19 ft3 @ 16sq" port area per cube = 304 sq".....say 20 x 15 x 20 (tunes to 35 hz) equals port dispalacement of 3.47.....SO recalculate 19ft3 minus roughly 3 ft3 of port = 16ft3 then 250 sq" of port.....20 x 12.5 x 21 (35 hz) port dispacament of 3.03 ft3....we have a winner it's that easy

edit to add not that easy just been doing it a while.....hope this helps      :^

LOL thanks a whole lot brotha :^

So im looking at around 16cubes after port displacement...Hmmm I don't know what would be better...

16.6cubes with 250sqin of port or more area for the subs with less sqin of port??

That looks goo, but instead of using walls with cut-outs I would use 2x4's or the steel rods. FYI 16 sq" per cubic foot is pretty standard to get everything out of your subs. Going smaller will increase port velocity and can cause noise, as well as lower your maximum spl

OK thanks for the help....Should I raise the box any higher? You suggest making it double chambered or all four subs share one big chamber?

Man I love BassBox6.0... wish I had a newer version, think I will just pick up LEAP/LMS instead tho, over a revised speaker box program.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.