Second Skin Audio

Check list for my next enclosure...help me out

Building "a loud daily driver". Before any one starts questioning, this whole setup won't be complete till some time in December due to funds.

Anways here's what I got going for it right now:

Subs- Four 18" BTLs

Amps- Currently own 2 D5000s, will purchase two more if DEI ever fixes their problems.

Enclosure- Still undecided. I'm still working on measurements/dimensions. Only thing that is certain is that im tunning to 35hz.

Anyways I need you guys to make me a checklist of things to get.

So far here's what I got down on paper:

(1)-Sheets of MDF (5) to start with. If I need more I will.

(2)-4 gallons of Resin

(3)- Three gallons of titebond II

(4)- Lots of 1 5/8" dry wall screws

(5)- 6 tubes of Silicone

(6)- Steel rods (if i must use these, I already have some). I'll get pics of the rods I have.

Every thing will be fiberglassed with atleast 3 layers of fiberglass and more if necessary.

For ports im unsure....I'm not good with coming up with square ports....For aeroports I have two choices...four 6 Aeroports but that would only give me 113inches of port...or I got two ft of 10" PVC piping that I can cut in half and I would have two 10" ports that would give me  157inches of port.

I have had several people tell me that I will get more inches of port out of square ports...If anybody is willing to help me come up with a design for square ports please let me know :D

I'll post my dimensions up as soon as im done calculating a few things...I'm also going to get pics of the steel rods I have for you guys right now. :^

I would really appreciate help from of course Steve himself, Shawn F, david, 90accordman and the rest of you that seem to know your shit.

that list sounds pretty complete, may wanna get some washers for the thread rod if you dont alread have them. what do u plan on doing for the electrical situation?

I gotta talk to Iraggi...Right now the biggest alt they seem to be able to build for my Expedition is a 260amp alt. I would be fine with two but i'm not even sure if I can fit two in there. I have to get that checked out, maybe Steve can tell me if that Navi he worked on could have fit two alts in there (navi & expedition = same shit).

If not then I have to see if they can build me atleast a 300amp alt.

For batteries im leaning towards kinetik just unsure what model yet.

Oh, and for the washers, already got them. Thanks any ways man :^

I have a bunch of formulas here, but I don't want to explain. You can download winisd for free. It's not the best design program but it will tell you how long to make your port to tune a box. I learned from "Great Sound Stereo Speaker Manual" by David Weems. So you can "learn it" or just use the programs available on the internet. I learned it but just use programs because it's easier then doing all the math. If you still want help or to double check your answer just ask. I would suggest in the mean time playing with the numbers but nothing exact until your enlosure is in the building process so you know exact air volume.

Also, I've been told to keep the H*W around 4 to 1 ratio to keeep down port noise.