Second Skin Audio

First shot at a 4th order design

To me the one in red i would imagine would sound better. But not as loud. That is with bigger sealed chambers. I like my lows, and from 43 Hz on down the yellow one has less output. But how will the system work with the car? That is the question, i have no idea where it will peak, and how this graph will end up sounding in my car.

4THorder2.png

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

am i seeing 3.9 sealed?

hard reading the little writing :(

Edited by uhoh_45

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

To me the one in red i would imagine would sound better. But not as loud. That is with bigger sealed chambers. I like my lows, and from 43 Hz on down the yellow one has less output. But how will the system work with the car? That is the question, i have no idea where it will peak, and how this graph will end up sounding in my car.

4THorder2.png

what box calulator are you using?

"yes... it will play like that all day!"

x2 you want smaller sealed chambers and a bigger ported area roughly 3-1 ratio (ported to sealed) and your by looking at your port length it looks like your trying to tune it low which is what you dont want

In my 2nd post, red is tuned to 65 yellow is to 60, much bigger bandwith, it doesnt peak really, plays pretty flat. Which is kinda what i was goin for, equally loud at almost all frequencies. Ill do some more playing with BBP after work tomorrow

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

and whats your sealed to ported specs?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

In my 2nd post, red is tuned to 65 yellow is to 60, much bigger bandwith, it doesnt peak really, plays pretty flat. Which is kinda what i was goin for, equally loud at almost all frequencies. Ill do some more playing with BBP after work tomorrow

might have an impedance spike on the lower frequencies though.

and yea id tune to around 60 if it were me.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg