Sonic Electronix

How to get instant bass...

with that car you should be able to just get a high-lo converter like mentioned above and get a wiring kit...you can get a nice 4awg of knukonceptz for cheap...just get the OFC and not the CCA wiring kit...

I'd say try to sell the Comp and buy a CVR but make sure you get the one that matches the other CVR's ohm, as in if your CVR you have is DVC 4ohm get another DVC 4ohm if its DVC 2ohm then get another DVC 2ohm

how do i tell? take the sub out and look on the back or something?

2010 Civic SI sedan: Crystal Black Pearl

All stock.

Yes it should say on the back of the sub at the bottom of the magnet

You can get the 15" CVR off Sonicelectronix for $140

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Yes it should say on the back of the sub at the bottom of the magnet

ok. and also, with the 07 model cvr, the guy used bolts with washers on the surround, not the normal screws... and i think it cracked the plastic... should i try and find different screws or what should i do?

All stock.

he used bolts damn that a bit extreme for mounting those kickers. not that there is anything wrong with them. better than having nothing at all even thoe there mixed matched subs.

ik right? and theres also yellow goo coming out from between the rubber surround and the plastic surrounding. i dont know whether i should be concerned about that or what...

All stock.

since there lower wattage subs it wont take much power to get them moving. u could take the rear speaker leads and hook them up to the subs.

hmmm not a bad idea. you have a good point right there. my grand prix came with the bose premium system, and theres a 200 watt amp in my trunk powering my 6x9s on my rear deck... im starting to get an idea now... but still unsure of what i should do...

All stock.

ik right? and theres also yellow goo coming out from between the rubber surround and the plastic surrounding. i dont know whether i should be concerned about that or what...

hmmm. sounds like the guy used liquid nails or sumthing like it to seal the subs in there. that might be a pain in the ass getting them out. thats if u were gonna make another box to fit in the trunk sum time down the road.

not really low power, CVRs are 400rms each...the Comps on the other hand are 150rms each

DO NOT use the Bose amp...I didn't realize you have a Bose system, gonna be a PITA when it comes time to replace the HU and speakers

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

hmmm not a bad idea. you have a good point right there. my grand prix came with the bose premium system, and theres a 200 watt amp in my trunk powering my 6x9s on my rear deck... im starting to get an idea now... but still unsure of what i should do...

only thing i didnt mention is that there will be full pass freqs going to the subs. on the by 9's there is capacitor type x overs for the tweets. u could still try it.

Archived