what characteristics do you look for when buying an amplifier wire kit or 0 gauge power wire in general?

I've used the car audio wire in times past with bad results, jacket not able to take much heat before melting or becoming so squishy it can wear through the jacket in nothing flat. Had the jacket nick the power steering pump and literally wore right through the jacket to the wire resulting in me having to cut that part out, I learned from that experience to never use something under the hood not meant to be there in the first place so i will now only use welding wire as it can resist heat/cold, acid, oil and everything else under the hood including resistance to wear from rubbing on anything.

Welding wire huh! Its cool but if you get the right audio wire you may actually get better results. Welding wire will beat out crappy wire though.

Better then knu dollar for dollar? If so sign me up! I will cut my knu into a billion pieces for you if thats the case. As far as rcas, I dont think there is a huge diffrence in the high dollar stuff or even some mid based products. I want pretty, flexable, high strand count, and PURE copper or better material if possible!

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

I still think that there is something not right with this guy. He is asking questions he should already know. On top of that why is he asking people here when he states that he has sponsored more than 100 people? Would they not really be the ones who know whats up? I got paypal money that says within a few months someone has sent this fella money and NEVER receives the product.

I still think that there is something not right with this guy. He is asking questions he should already know. On top of that why is he asking people here when he states that he has sponsored more than 100 people? Would they not really be the ones who know whats up? I got paypal money that says within a few months someone has sent this fella money and NEVER receives the product.

Dr. Johnson,

My name is Sammy and while I am new to SMD I am not new to Car Audio. I am not asking anyone for money and yes I do have some knowledge about all aspects of Car audio. I know what makes a wire good but I want to hear additional insights from actual SMD members. I do not know why that is an issue. If you want to know who I am then you can email me directly and I will tell you. I thought the topic was informative for SMD members and interesting for me as well. The reason I am not blogging who i am is because I am not trying to market my company as of yet on SMD. I would only do that with permission of SMD. If you are interested then send me an email through SMD and I will be glad to tell you.