Sonic Electronix

How many mids and highs? And what order to buy stuff in?

Im probably gonna get nagged at for starting a new topic instead of searching, but i'll have you know i did have a look.

so anyways,

i've got a 18" sub for my first car system (all previous subs and stuff was in the house, so i know my stuff :P ) its the one in my avatar. gonna run it off 1500watts. now the stock door/back shelf speakers sound nice but they are ancient and aren't loud. So i was wondering roughly how much mids and highs i would need? i'll most likely run them off a 100x4 amp + i can use the stock amp for tweets if necessary. BTW nothing expensive for mids and highs, just Pioneer, anything else is hard to get hold of in this crappy country.

And also what order do i get stuff in? i've got the sub. getting sub amp in 19 days for my B-day. so do i start with electrical, door panels or build the subs box first?

thanks

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

You start with research. You have a lot of time. You have to read reviews, listen to stuff in person, find what you like, then keep that in mind and get the stuff when you find the opportunity for a deal you can't pass up.

If you are limited with speakers, running active will allow you to select a wider range of speakers that have the potential to sound great.

WWW.BCAE1.COM is a site with just pure information.

I think i found what i like, might look around for a bit longer though first to find a deal like you say.

I dont want the mids and highs to sound muffled cause thats budget. i'll have a little look round the build logs here to see what others have. would i need extra speakers in the doors? Or are just the stock locations ok?

thanks

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

I think i found what i like, might look around for a bit longer though first to find a deal like you say.

I dont want the mids and highs to sound muffled cause thats budget. i'll have a little look round the build logs here to see what others have. would i need extra speakers in the doors? Or are just the stock locations ok?

thanks

There are so many variables that I couldn't give you a definitive answer. If you install your 18'' sub and you're only hittin 29.9 with it a speaker a door would be fine. If you install your 18 and you're hittin 145... You're gonna need a lot more power or drivers/ tweets for the mids and highs to keep up. Don't try to do more than you're capable of too quick. It usually doesn't turn out good. If all you're looking for is some beat, throw your sub in a sealed box, mount the amp to the box, run some wires and call it a day. If you're looking for a hobby/ challenge start researching...

Definitely going for a challenge, I want it to be as loud as I can make it so I'll take it easy, build the box, do some wiring, try the sub out and see how loud it is, then decide. Time to research...

Thanks for the help :good:

Im probably gonna get nagged at for starting a new topic instead of searching, but i'll have you know i did have a look.

so anyways,

i've got a 18" sub for my first car system (all previous subs and stuff was in the house, so i know my stuff :P ) its the one in my avatar. gonna run it off 1500watts. now the stock door/back shelf speakers sound nice but they are ancient and aren't loud. So i was wondering roughly how much mids and highs i would need? i'll most likely run them off a 100x4 amp + i can use the stock amp for tweets if necessary. BTW nothing expensive for mids and highs, just Pioneer, anything else is hard to get hold of in this crappy country.

And also what order do i get stuff in? i've got the sub. getting sub amp in 19 days for my B-day. so do i start with electrical, door panels or build the subs box first?

thanks

If you can't find anything in this "crappy country", why not go live in another country so you can find something "Really Great" and get it ripped off before you even put it in your ride........

If you can't find anything in this "crappy country", why not go live in another country so you can find something "Really Great" and get it ripped off before you even put it in your ride........

That's helpful...

WTH does this have to do with anything?

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

pioneer d-series components

run 2 sets in the front (fglass the doors, kickpod, pillars, whatever you have to do)

forget about the back deck, take em out and let the bass in, you'll never hear em anyway

2 sets of comps and 600wrms kept up with 5kw and 3 18's in my car, and sounds amazing with 1 18 and 1500wrms (what i have now, and what you're doing)

check my buildlog if you like, idk if i added my most recent setup but its a dc xl18, like 6ish cubes ported thru the rear deck at 35hz with 1500rms on it. d-series will do you right and not break the bank, just make sure to cross them over at like 90ish hz if you wanna run 100watts to em.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC