Sonic Electronix

building a new system from scratch (looking for ideas)

Heya everyone new to this website and was looking for some expertise on what i should shoot for with the new system i am building over the next few weeks <amps subs wiring batteries> i just bought a 97 cavalier 2 door and was wondering how big everyone thinks i could and or should go.. i was thinking about 2 Fi BTL 15's or 3 BTL 12's and a pair of sunstream dtr1 2200's, if anyone has any idea setups for a cavalier or what else i should toss in.. if ya have any other ideas subs/amps toss those at me to

Thanks everyone in advance

Are you going to wall it or something because I don't see you fitting 2 15s or 3 12s in the trunk of a Cavalier.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

Are you going to wall it or something because I don't see you fitting 2 15s or 3 12s in the trunk of a Cavalier.

This^^^^^^^^

Unless you are really handy with fiberglass and want to build a more or less permanent box in your trunk its not gonna happen in the trunk with the 15's. I know 2 12's in the trunk of my GrandAm take up the majority of the trunk. The largest I could go is maybe about 5.5-6 cubic feet, Max.

Edited by CaptainzPlanetz

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

This^^^^^^^^

Unless you are really handy with fiberglass and want to build a more or less permanent box in your trunk its not gonna happen in the trunk with the 15's. I know 2 12's in the trunk of my GrandAm take up the majority of the trunk. The largest I could go is maybe about 5.5-6 cubic feet, Max.

Was thinking about Half walling it, and i had 4 12's in my old cavalier, 2 facing trunk 2 facing forward backseat folded down at all times tho and as far as the 15's i am looking to build a permanent box with fiberglass if i go that route, only problem will be figuring out ports if i go that way

Was thinking about Half walling it, and i had 4 12's in my old cavalier, 2 facing trunk 2 facing forward backseat folded down at all times tho and as far as the 15's i am looking to build a permanent box with fiberglass if i go that route, only problem will be figuring out ports if i go that way

With 4 subs like that, you where probably get a shit ton of cancellation, I would of done 2 subs on the face of the box and two subs on the top of the box if you where going that route, either that or wire the subs opposite backwards so they arent trying to push against eachother.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

I know this may be hard to hear, but just do 1 big boy 15 right now. That way, you can put it in a properly designed enclosure and, with some power, will knock the trunk off that cavilier.

Later, if you decide to upgrade, you can get another 15 and amp and stuff it in the trunk despite what everyone thinks.

With 4 subs like that, you where probably get a shit ton of cancellation, I would of done 2 subs on the face of the box and two subs on the top of the box if you where going that route, either that or wire the subs opposite backwards so they arent trying to push against eachother.

ahh wasn't same box sorry didn't clarify, was 2 separate boxes, wasn't well set up at all lol, but it worked for me then, am looking to drop 2grand to 2500 on subs and amp so looking for a decent set up and ideas of what i should put in there, only got a few weeks to get it all priced out and get my order ready for when taxes get here lol

I know this may be hard to hear, but just do 1 big boy 15 right now. That way, you can put it in a properly designed enclosure and, with some power, will knock the trunk off that cavilier.

Later, if you decide to upgrade, you can get another 15 and amp and stuff it in the trunk despite what everyone thinks.

Any ideas what i should get for one 15 and an amp Ben?

Any ideas what i should get for one 15 and an amp Ben?

^^This. Lanzar OPTI 1533D (3,000 watts RMS) dual 1.2 ohm coils on an AP 30001D (3,000 watts RMS at 2 Ohms).

$550-ish shipped for sub and amp together. Another $200 on wires and batteries and you'll have serious bass. Just make sure your box design is right so you don't waste precious bump time rebuilding. Ask me how I know....

Edited by Ben Building