Sonic Electronix

im going to be getting a FI SSD 12" 1) my amp might be a Eclipse ZA1200 it only goes to 2 ohm and i dont know what to do! do i get a dual 1 ohm and bump it up to 2? do i get a different amp that handles 1 ohm and that puts out more watts? 2) im getting Knu Kolossus Fleks 4 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit for the amp, should i go to 1/0 gauge or do i do that if i get a bigger amp? plus will i have to get a new battery and possibly a new alternator?

Mustang FTW!!!!

You can get a dual 1 ohm sub and wire it to 2 ohms and use that amp or you could get a dual 2 sub and wire it to 1 ohm and use a 1-ohm stable monoblock, shouldn't matter.

That Eclipse amp has 4 gauge inputs so if you use 1/0 you'll have to use a reducer or something.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

I like my SSD overall I guess. I have it in a sealed box right now so it's not really up to it's potential. I was going to build a ported box for it when the weather warmed up but I just ordered a Sundown Z15 so I'm going to sell the SSD to a friend of mine. With the output I have now I bet in a ported box it would pound pretty good.

With my Sundown 1200d amp I get voltage drop (down to about 12 volts) on songs that really pound but with most rock or normal rap my voltage stays fine.

I'd do your big 3 first and see how your voltage stays and if it drops too much then look into HO alts or bigger batts.

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown SAX-1200D

Stock Bose system

Profile AP1000M

You mean the voltage meter?

I think I remember reading that it's best to wire it right into the power/ground/remote inputs on your amp so you can get the voltage readings that your amp is actually seeing (vs. at the front of the car where the voltage can be different).

I use the volt meter in my car's DIC because it seems to be pretty accurate.

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown SAX-1200D

Stock Bose system

Profile AP1000M

Archived