My car isn't shifting to drive right away (thats what it feels like to me atleast). When I back out of my driveway in the morning everything is fine, until I put it in drive and try to take off. It revs up for a second and then jerks and takes off, I know one of the sparkplugs is bad/ misfiring, and the trans fluid is fine, I just had a seal in the transmission replaced as well as one in the engine or something (rear main seal or something idr). Anyone have any ideas why it does this?

Edit : oops its a 99 mazda protege auto trans with like 18x,xxx miles 4cyl

Edited by vengfuldev

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

When the misfire started, did the trans problems arrive?

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

When the misfire started, did the trans problems arrive?

No clue, I bough it as is without being serviced because It was so cheap and so nice it would still be worth it to get the trans replaced.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

that sensor thats in the trans may be goin out get it checked to make sure

Alright I'll keep that in mind, another thing I forgot to mention is that the throttle position sensor is going bad, I didn't think it would have anything to do with it, but then again I'm on a car audio site asking for mechanical help :unsure:

Dc Audio

Team Fur

i had the same problem bro with my camry.... i ended up having to get a new tranny... i replaced the main seal in it and that didnt help, the fluid just flowed out like a river.... lol.... so we got another tranny and i havent had a problem since.... i know thats not what you want to hear but it might be your only solution.....

'91 geo

Everest Sound Labs

Kinetik

Mechman

Clarion

if its too loud, your too old!

Rob

i had the same problem bro with my camry.... i ended up having to get a new tranny... i replaced the main seal in it and that didnt help, the fluid just flowed out like a river.... lol.... so we got another tranny and i havent had a problem since.... i know thats not what you want to hear but it might be your only solution.....

Yea mine was leAking like crazy while I was driving one night, my parents noticed oil all over so I went and checked and I had no oil at all, but it stopped leaking when we replaced those seals, I read something about a seal being put in wrong and blocking fluid causing to do this, anyone ever heard of that?

Dc Audio

Team Fur

you need a tranny bro its slipping... find someone for a rebuild or buy a new car lol part yours out

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

if your on a level surface with the engine running in park or nuetral and you check your trans fluid and its up to the full mark, clean, doesnt look too thin, and it should still have a nice shade of red to it then id take it to an authorized transmission shop and explain to them your problem and let them look at it and give you an estimate on cost to repair. also id check into the shop you had the seals replaced at; it doesnt sound like a seal problem but it wouldnt hurt to ask them if anything couldve happend.

Edited by ryde2idie

if your on a level surface with the engine running in park or nuetral and you check your trans fluid and its up to the full mark, clean, doesnt look too thin, and it should still have a nice shade of red to it then id take it to an authorized transmission shop and explain to them your problem and let them look at it and give you an estimate on cost to repair. also id check into the shop you had the seals replaced at; it doesnt sound like a seal problem but it wouldnt hurt to ask them if anything couldve happend.

The guy that did it did it in his garage, but he works for a family friend's garage, my mom called him and I'm going over there after school aparently. Thanks for the help I'll

post back what they tell me later on.

Dc Audio

Team Fur