Sonic Electronix

I work at an electrical company and want to know if I can use any 2 AWG thin stranded wire for powering my amps. We use good stuff usually used in industrial installations.

Most of the stuff I see online looks like what we have laying around as far as wire goes but the outer jacket on our shop stock is soft. I know most of the power wire has a little harder outer jacket.

Are there any specs or certain things I should look for.

2010 Rav4

Image Dynamics IDQ10 D4 v.3 (2)

ID XS65 Components

ID CTX6

2 Farad Cap

ID Q 450.4

ID Q 600.1

Kenwood KIV-BT900

A couple layers of Second Skin

First system in years and looking for good advice. Starting small and hoping to grow!!!

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

you should be able to use the wire you have at your work, just as long as its not a PITA to work with. i would check out the website previously posted though, great quality wire for a reasonable price imo.

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

Nice site. Good descriptions. Thanks.

2010 Rav4

Image Dynamics IDQ10 D4 v.3 (2)

ID XS65 Components

ID CTX6

2 Farad Cap

ID Q 450.4

ID Q 600.1

Kenwood KIV-BT900

A couple layers of Second Skin

First system in years and looking for good advice. Starting small and hoping to grow!!!

COPPER IS COPPER. I don't understand how hard it is for so many people to know you don't use "brand name" wire. Its like using $50+ RCA wires.

Edited by slim2fattycake

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

wire is wire

make sure its AWG2 and not like south korean 2g, cuz they use different standards (find the mm^2 and compare to name brands)

strand count is flexibility, but if you can get that shit through, it doesnt matter if its 1 strand or 150000

copper is preffered, CCA is second, anything else stay away from.

and as far as rca's, its hard to tell the difference from two primary wires twisted together with rca ends on it, and that 5000$ pear cable. dont let marketing hype and customer reviews from idiots make you disregard science and common sense.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

I work at an electrical company and want to know if I can use any 2 AWG thin stranded wire for powering my amps. We use good stuff usually used in industrial installations.

Most of the stuff I see online looks like what we have laying around as far as wire goes but the outer jacket on our shop stock is soft. I know most of the power wire has a little harder outer jacket.

Are there any specs or certain things I should look for.

got any pics of this wire, out of curiosity

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.