ok so i just sent in my application for my FOID card... i figure... im damn near 22 years old... its time to have a mans toy...

my father and I attend the summer shoot competitions at our local sportsmans club... and i normally shoot my dads springfield armory 22 in the rim fire class... and his 38 special 6 shooter(cant remember the brand)and the Taurus 44 mag. in the center fire class...

but this year i want to wield a center fire of my own to replace the 38 special.... my father recommends a HI-point... he says there fairly accurate and arent too expensive.....

so anyways im looking at the HI-point 380 autoload... no its not a giant cannon but imo they can hold their own.... for those of you who dont know... the 380 is dubbed the short 9mm.... anyways opinnions?

Edited by Rogers

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

ive never really heard good things about hi points.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

yeah the whole lifetime warranty thing is sweet.... my Mother and father both have the 9mm and my cousin had one too and his kept jamming... but then again he never cleaned it either... he also has the 9mm carbine... i fucking love that rifle!!!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

i used to think Hi-Point was garbage thats only because the guy wanted to sell me Glocks and S&W...

lifetime warranty and look at it like this, they might not be the best built gun but they are in fact a gun and have a job to do. if they didnt do what they were supposed to i dont think they would be on the shelf

if its what you can afford, go for it man

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

i used to think Hi-Point was garbage thats only because the guy wanted to sell me Glocks and S&W...

lifetime warranty and look at it like this, they might not be the best built gun but they are in fact a gun and have a job to do. if they didnt do what they were supposed to i dont think they would be on the shelf

if its what you can afford, go for it man

x2

I have a 9mm Hi-Point Carbine that I really like. I have a cousin who deals in and lives and breathes $1,000 guns. He hates my Hi-Point. Thinks it is total crap and bla bla bla.... But for what I use it for, there is nothing I can't hit with it. I like it.

Just know what you have though. I mean, it isn't like you are going to go into gun or accuracy comps with it. If you just want it to have, that is something else all together. Personally, I don't see the point of getting a $1,000 gun unless you are going to use it for comps. To me, it is the same thing with audio.

I say if you like it, go for it.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

yeah the summer shootouts that we do are no big deal... i think there is a cash prize at the end of the summer... but for the most part its just 10-15 guys getting together and making some noise and knockin down metal targets... its no world finals if you want to think of it like that....

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

• 1 month later...

hi-points are pure garbage.... I picked up one cheap about a year or so ago and it jammed every few rounds not to mention the build quality is terrible..... If you want a gun to plink with and dont mind jamming fine get one but I would NEVER recommend those pos' for concealed carry or home defense they are SHIT...Glock ftw

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

Ive heard good things about them. I've never owned one or shot one, but I spend a lot of time around hardcore gun people that say that they aren't bad for the price and they do the job. for the money you cant really go wrong tho, they are cheap as hell.

sig.jpg

jl 12w7 ported @ 2cubes at 38hz

rockford fosgate t1500bd