Awesome 97 Blazer Daily Boomer build of awesome Bass

before my 9 hour work day bump since i dont know how to wire my subs to 1ohm on this amp

Check the owners manual, or the company website. As for wiring it down to blah blah blah, as far as i know you cant determine final impedence on a speaker by how you install it to an amp (unless its to 2 amps). You can only change it by doing parallel or series wiring on the voice coils.

Correct me if i am wrong.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

what are the ohm loads of your subs? (sorry if you already said. i just like looking at pictures haha)

edit:

if you're questioning how to hook up to the amp. it's a monochannel amp, pick a positive, pick a negative, don't matter which, done.

Both subs are dual 4 i know how to make the final load 1 ohm but im questioning if im supposed to just use the Left Side Pos and Neg. or Do i take The Left Side Posotive terminal and then use the Right side negative terminal

like i said.. pick one positive, any positive. use that . then pick a negative, any negative and use that. they're internally linked anyways.

Left Positive and Right negative pretty much will bridge any amp if you are running 2 dual 4ohm subs you should wire them like this

I Shake Windows.....

1995 GMC Jimmy 2-door 4x4(Nothing special other than its dam loud!)

Alpine CDA-7893 Head Unit

Visonik 5 1/4" door mounted mid and pillar mounted 2" high with crossover also a VBF (German made) 3" door mounted tweeter

Kaption Rear 4x6" 2-way

2-12" Audiobahn dual 4ohm subs

Power Acoustik SL2-1000 1000 watt 2 channel

Pioneer 4 channel

images.jpg

Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.

Sorry it should look like this if you are using 2 subs with dual 4ohm coils if its one sub then just wire it for one

untitled.jpg

Left Positive and Right negative is a general rule of thumb but check with the manufacturer of said amp and im pretty sure it will tell you how to drop i to a 1ohm load if not email them and they should help you but this is how I do it and have never had an issue if all else fails check on Rockfords site they have a woofer wiring wizard under support

I Shake Windows.....

Visonik 5 1/4" door mounted mid and pillar mounted 2" high with crossover also a VBF (German made) 3" door mounted tweeter

Kaption Rear 4x6" 2-way

Pioneer 4 channel

images.jpg

I looked and cant find to much on that amp other than its a Class D mono block rated at 2500 watts. You may want to email Memphis and see how to drop it to a 1 ohm load as for just picking a positive and a negative, I know that most amps require a certain way to be wired to get the 1 ohm load so I would check with Memphis before you just go putting wires anywhere.

I Shake Windows.....

Kaption Rear 4x6" 2-way

Pioneer 4 channel

images.jpg

I looked and cant find to much on that amp other than its a Class D mono block rated at 2500 watts. You may want to email Memphis and see how to drop it to a 1 ohm load as for just picking a positive and a negative, I know that most amps require a certain way to be wired to get the 1 ohm load so I would check with Memphis before you just go putting wires anywhere.

only time amps require to be wired a certain way for a specific ohm load,is when youre dealing with a 2ch amp. that memphis is a mono block amp (1ch). it has a pair of pos and negs for ease of installation. doesnt matter which pair is choosed,both negs and pos are linked internally on the amps board.so it will see a 1ohm load regardless of wich pos and neg is used.

Archived