Sonic Electronix

Please Help with Head Unit Install.....

Hey guys... I have a 2003 Acura TL Type S and my factory headunit is going crazy....I decided to purchase the Pioneer AVH-P6000DVD and was gonna hook it up myself because the shops here are horrible....I was wondering was there any kind of way that I could install my headunit and keep the factory Bose Sub in the rear deck....I heard it was possible and have searched all over town for it....Any suggestions are D.I.Y. would be great....also how could I it fix it to where I can play DVDs without being in park and e-brake....any help would be greatly appreciated

Hey guys... I have a 2003 Acura TL Type S and my factory headunit is going crazy....I decided to purchase the Pioneer AVH-P6000DVD and was gonna hook it up myself because the shops here are horrible....I was wondering was there any kind of way that I could install my headunit and keep the factory Bose Sub in the rear deck....I heard it was possible and have searched all over town for it....Any suggestions are D.I.Y. would be great....also how could I it fix it to where I can play DVDs without being in park and e-brake....any help would be greatly appreciated

When you bought the wiring harness did they have 2 separate harnesses you could buy? When I went to get my harness for my explorer, they kept trying to sell me the harness that would keep my stock sub hooked up (even though I didn't have one). I am not a pro at installing head units or anything, but there should be a certain wiring harness out there that will connect those wires into your H/U so you can keep the rear stock sub. I am not sure about things for D.I.Y. though. And I have actually never heard of only being able to watch DVDs while being in park and having e-brake on...so I have absolutely no advice there.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

have fun taking that car apart...gotta take half the car apart to get the radio out... seems like it anyways

the parking brake bypass on that deck is a breeze...i always use a relay on pioneers to keep from having the headache of a switch...wire as follows

poles 86 and 87 ground

pole 85 amp remote turn on from headunit

pole 30 goes to the light green parking brake wire on headunit

as far as keeping the sub in the back deck GOOD LUCK..i never found a solution for my '02 CL-S(same audio system)

1996 S-10 Blazer

Kenwood DNX-6140

(2)Kinetik HC2000

(2)US Amps MD3Dv2

US Amps MD42v2

(4)Hertz HCX-165 (front doors)

(2)Hertz HL-70 (dash)

(2)Hertz HT-25 (dash)

(2)Hertz SX-380D

When you bought the wiring harness did they have 2 separate harnesses you could buy? When I went to get my harness for my explorer, they kept trying to sell me the harness that would keep my stock sub hooked up (even though I didn't have one). I am not a pro at installing head units or anything, but there should be a certain wiring harness out there that will connect those wires into your H/U so you can keep the rear stock sub. I am not sure about things for D.I.Y. though. And I have actually never heard of only being able to watch DVDs while being in park and having e-brake on...so I have absolutely no advice there.

i ordered the harness and dashkit online and i dont remember seeing anything on there about keeping factory sub....its gotta be a way though i just know im not ready to install subs in the trunk yet so saving up on that and rims....so i gotta keep the factory sub for now

have fun taking that car apart...gotta take half the car apart to get the radio out... seems like it anyways

the parking brake bypass on that deck is a breeze...i always use a relay on pioneers to keep from having the headache of a switch...wire as follows

poles 86 and 87 ground

pole 85 amp remote turn on from headunit

pole 30 goes to the light green parking brake wire on headunit

as far as keeping the sub in the back deck GOOD LUCK..i never found a solution for my '02 CL-S(same audio system)

thanks for the help on the brake bypass and you having an 02 cl-s means you already know what im going thru with this bose junk then lol

thanks for the help on the brake bypass and you having an 02 cl-s means you already know what im going thru with this bose junk then lol

HAD one..the CL doesnt have the sub in the rear deck but the amp and harness is the same...you can try a metra part #70-1725...might do the trick

617211141.jpg

1996 S-10 Blazer

Kenwood DNX-6140

(2)Kinetik HC2000

(2)US Amps MD3Dv2

US Amps MD42v2

(2)Hertz HL-70 (dash)

(2)Hertz HT-25 (dash)

(2)Hertz SX-380D

i will definitely looking into buying that metra part #70-1725....it seems like its just whats needed....thanks for the help and why'd you get rid of the CL?

a new baby and a 2 door 4 seat vehicle didnt mix in my book..i miss it all the time..but its got a good home..one of my best friends bought it..i still get on to him for lettin it get dirty n shit

1996 S-10 Blazer

Kenwood DNX-6140

(2)Kinetik HC2000

(2)US Amps MD3Dv2

US Amps MD42v2

(2)Hertz HL-70 (dash)

(2)Hertz HT-25 (dash)

(2)Hertz SX-380D

the factory bose amp will fire right up in that car.

everything will work.

issue is the input voltage to the fact. amp is gonna be a little high.

Might want to pick up a sven4

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

a new baby and a 2 door 4 seat vehicle didnt mix in my book..i miss it all the time..but its got a good home..one of my best friends bought it..i still get on to him for lettin it get dirty n shit

dude ur car was hella nice would love to get one of those (only 17) how much would they cost today ??

cowboys_logo.gif