What does a Stinger SPV70 compare to?

ok so i see the post in the for sale section where there is 30 of the SPV70's on the damn cheap... and better yet he lives about 3 hours away from me....

i was just going to order up an XS Power D1200 but i can get 2 of those big spv70's for just a tad more money..

anyways at this point im completely confused on how to tell which is a more powerful battery... the guys at xs power say that only max amps are important..... if thats the case... it looks like a single Spv70 is comparable to the d1200... the spv70 is 1050 amps for 5 seconds and the max amps on the d1200 is 1200amps..... idk if the xs power is for 5 seconds or what....

the myth has normally been that the ah rating showed which is more powerful... in that case the spv70 is 70ah and the d1200 is 44ah.... which to me says that the SPV70 has way more reserve and a tad less immediate discharge rate....

one of the guys at XS Power said that the Stinger batteries were the only ones to come close performance wise...

like i said im confused and have no idea what to look for.... but i know its the difference between buying a single battery for $180 or 2 comparable batteries for $200

i know XS Power has great customer service and a 3 year warranty... which if i get the Spv70's i will have no support since they are used... but thats kinda on the same lines as buying a used woofer or amp....

please dont just say XS Power ftw.... not to offend XS Power any but i dont want to hear the nuthugging.... I want to hear your thoughts from an unbiased standpoint on which would be the better choice for my situation... lets discuss!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

i posted this right before the update... and since we just got the recent topics thing back... im going to take it to the top.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

wow... nobody has any input? its proble because of all the battery topics..lol... everyone is sick of talking about it..

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

google is about as worthless as the search button on this forum!

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

It's worth the risk, I say go for the Stingers 100 bucks plus shipping isnt bad at all, and hell if u want to get a couple its even worth the drive as long as u get good gas mileage. only down fall is the warranty part but, I dont think he would try selling dead batts. Bring a meter down there and test them out, just find out what they are supposed to sit at and test them if its in the range then its golden.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

oh yeah.. my buddy said he will drive me if i pay for gas... Saturn sohc ftw! even if i were to only get one it would be cheaper to drive up there... oh and there isnt any way i wouldnt take my dmm with me!

im just wondering just how much power im looking at with two of them... im only going to be running around 1500rms all together... so my plan is to just run the two batteries in the spair tire well with some plexi over the top... and not run a battery under the hood... id do 2 runs of 1/0 to the front and use a Knukonceptz 3 way fused distro up front to connect the alt, starter,and cars electrical system to the batts... i dont see any reason why it wouldnt work... there are quite a few cars with the stock location of the battery being either under the back seat or in the spair tire well...

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

soniceletronix has them as says there for up to 2100 watts. for what thats worth. good price on these also, just test them.

I wish every body had beat so I wouldnt have to turn my shit down. Fosgate for life running there shit since I was 16 going on 15 years strong. Not stopping any time soon.

Archived