Sonic Electronix

Ok... im really confused on what will be louder?

i had a 15 inch alpine type r of a lil 500rms bazooka amp in the trunk of a lumina then put it in a 94 jeep grand cherokee(same body style as the red one u got)and i honestly could not believe it was the same system. I dont know if it was cause the electrical in the jeep was stronger or what but i gained about 6 db just from going from one vehicle to another. I was actually gettin alot of attention from it. It was also in a lil pre fab box but that shit hit. The amp was clamped and actually did over 500rms tho. Going from a trunk(not sealed off) to a hatch or suv will always be louder. I hope this helps with the question you was trying to ask

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

I get 14.5 on 105a alternator in my car, the jeep has a 120a and a better battery so how the hell do you figure? lol and the gain isn't cranked its like a pinch above half way >.< seriously guys, you wanna rag on me like a noob go ahead lol

a better alt wont magically make you amp more powerful. your just clipping the signal, get an oscope and check it

I get 14.5 on 105a alternator in my car, the jeep has a 120a and a better battery so how the hell do you figure? lol and the gain isn't cranked its like a pinch above half way >.< seriously guys, you wanna rag on me like a noob go ahead lol

The Alpine MRP lineup is nothing to brag about. Not one of Alpine's most credited products. I used an alpine MRP-850 amp and it sucked... Returned it within 24 hours of getting it.

How do you know that? Volt meter?

Stock 105a alt? Stock batt?

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

The Alpine MRP lineup is nothing to brag about. Not one of Alpine's most credited products. I used an alpine MRP-850 amp and it sucked... Returned it within 24 hours of getting it.

Isnt that the truth...had the mrp-1000...HATED it.

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.

Thats just your opinion, It hink this alpine has served me well and for the abuse i've put it through over the years its still going wicked strong, and due to the fact I hear no distortion of signs of clipping that tells me the amplifier is maybe a little under-rated (i think alpine products are great, just as good as kicker) and yes stock alt/bat in the jeep and car... Yes you moron I know alt/bat isnt going to stop distortion and clipping lmao, but I do know my amplifier is capible of 600RMS off my power supply without being robbed. I dont need to use an oscope, changed are yes im clipping a little, can I hear it? no... has it broken anything in the past 2 months of doing it? nope, not even a sign of it...

And thank you for your response about the alpine, I figured that's about the results that would be yielded, I heard theres something in bigger vehicles called Resonance Gain that echo's and makes the waves "seem" louder even if it really isn't... I was just wondering if thats true lol ... so far you're been the only helpful guy here, everyone else is just being elitists ^_^ but what can you expect on the sMD boards =]

well my friend is a math wizz and decent with systems and he appearently calculated by voltage and everything that my power is about 150watts increase of what im rated for... dont ask me, i sux at math but im going to go with him =] listen you guys could just have easily of stopped at "depends on variables" or its not gonna be louder, or u cant know for sure... instead the elitists came in, well you know what I dont have 2,000$ to throw on my system, im happy with what I have and i was just asking if for FREE i might yield greater results from just about EVERYONE i know they've said it'll be louder well I thought i'd ask the "know it alls" and appearently u guys dont know anything for sure eigther so far every speculation about my setup has been dead wrong lol

Thats just your opinion, It hink this alpine has served me well and for the abuse i've put it through over the years its still going wicked strong, and due to the fact I hear no distortion of signs of clipping that tells me the amplifier is maybe a little under-rated (i think alpine products are great, just as good as kicker) and yes stock alt/bat in the jeep and car... Yes you moron I know alt/bat isnt going to stop distortion and clipping lmao, but I do know my amplifier is capible of 600RMS off my power supply without being robbed. I dont need to use an oscope, changed are yes im clipping a little, can I hear it? no... has it broken anything in the past 2 months of doing it? nope, not even a sign of it...

And thank you for your response about the alpine, I figured that's about the results that would be yielded, I heard theres something in bigger vehicles called Resonance Gain that echo's and makes the waves "seem" louder even if it really isn't... I was just wondering if thats true lol ... so far you're been the only helpful guy here, everyone else is just being elitists ^_^ but what can you expect on the sMD boards =]

you seem like you dont have a clue...

and too your question, noone can say if its louder or not. too much going on. but if you wanna pick the answers you like just because its wat you want to hear, then go ahead.

you seem like you dont have a clue...

and too your question, noone can say if its louder or not. too much going on. but if you wanna pick the answers you like just because its wat you want to hear, then go ahead.

Tell me why I don't have a clue? lol instead of just saying it ^_^ enlighten me... as far as nobody can say for sure, thats a valid answer... but the elitist dickhead side of you kicked in and you had to get the last words out lol... I dont care if its what i wanna hear or not, the jeeps mine now... I was just anxious for an early answer from someone who might know or had comparible systems... I know my system, I know systems... what I dont know is the transfer to an SUV and the differenceit could yield and why..