Second Skin Audio

Sub reconing

I was going to do a build using three tens, but since then figured out six eights had more cone area so decided to go that route. Question is is I'm looking for an eight that is reconeable so I stumbled across th RE8's and was wondering if they are reconeable? If you guys have other suggestions as far as different reconeable brands, I need six, budget is 300-400 for all and they need to be around 200 watts rms each. I really would like to get my hands on the old Sundown E8v1's, I know the E8v2's are coming out but they are gonna be out of my price range.

i think u can recone the sundowns

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

The 1508s according to the OP are way out of his price range... I can't see why you'd want to recone a $50 or less woofer like an RE8, when buying a new one will be almost the same price and likely less of a hassle.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

I'm actually looking at the kicker Cvr 8's now. What do you guys think about six of those? I wish i could do the DD's but they are outta my price range and i don't think i have the power. i'm just lookin for something different, how badass would it be to show someone up with six 8's. I really want some of the old sundown e8's though i can't find any let alone six.

Edited by audioman21

I'm actually looking at the kicker Cvr 8's now. What do you guys think about six of those? I wish i could do the DD's but they are outta my price range and i don't think i have the power. i'm just lookin for something different, how badass would it be to show someone up with six 8's. I really want some of the old sundown e8's though i can't find any let alone six.

weaksauce. wait till sundown releases their 8