Thanks for all of the ideas ill try some of them out because the wheels are starting to get kinda grimey and I really need to do sometihng soon. I bought some cleaner but it turned out to be shit then i came on here and found all of these replies (need to get on here more often..) but now I have some new things to try out!

Again thanks so much guys :)

• 2 weeks later...

Windex and a paper towels. OR newspaper. seriously. It wont leave that lint and shit on the chrome.

HU: JVC Arsenal AR880

Subs: (4) Incriminator Audio Warden 15s

Highs: (12)Eminator 8s (12)Eminator 6.5s (12)Eminence Apt80s

Amps: (2) Incriminator Audio 40.1s (subs), (2) MB Quart Discus 4125s, (1) MB Quart 4.80

Electrical:

-DB Electrical 275 amp Ohio Gen

-BIG III

-(5) XS Power d3100s

152.3 In Street Beat 5.

State record in Alabama. (USACI)

http://www.youtube.com/Itgetslow

newspaper? why not just use sandpaper then?

i used a sock once and that started leaving scratch marks so i bailed lol..dont want my pretty 4 1/2" lip gettin scratched :)

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

soap, water and upkeep. Thats all you need. No polish, no none of that.....

if you let them get TOO dirty you might need to go a more harsh route like chrome wheel cleaner which is very acidic.....usually better on the inside where brake dust collects if your rims arent wide open. Lucky for me, FTL and FTW, mine are wide open so i am able to keep them clean with just soap and water. It sucks because i HAVE to due to the entire dish being visible.....but its good because i never have that nasty brake dust buildup.

also, use a nice new or very clean micro fiber towel to dry them so you dont get too many swirls over time.....thats it!

if you live by the ocean or in a salty enviroment, you can use an SOS pad pretty effectivly and not scratch it at all....."green scrub pads" like in mommas sink, DONT EVER use those! I learned the hard way on my old wires years ago!!!

like these COX88320BX_1_1.JPGaint they steel wool? i would think it would scratch the shit out of the chrome .

like these COX88320BX_1_1.JPGaint they steel wool? i would think it would scratch the shit out of the chrome .

They make some that is like real fine, and the newspaper works very good, a car lot i used to work for did this all the time.

...............................____

...............__________|___\____

..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)

1978 F-150 Ranger Lariat

2 Sets of Sound-stream Components

Sony Head-unit

DDM Tuning 8000k's

Euro Headlights (Projectors Soon)

Green Led Wheel Wells

Dark Red Tails Tint

newspaper? why not just use sandpaper then?

i used a sock once and that started leaving scratch marks so i bailed lol..dont want my pretty 4 1/2" lip gettin scratched :)

newspaper wont scratch it. I've never personally done it, but a rim shop down here in bama does. I just stick with good ol paper towels and windex.

Amps: (2) Incriminator Audio 40.1s (subs), (2) MB Quart Discus 4125s, (1) MB Quart 4.80

Electrical:

-BIG III

-(5) XS Power d3100s

152.3 In Street Beat 5.

newspaper wont scratch it. I've never personally done it, but a rim shop down here in bama does. I just stick with good ol paper towels and windex.

i heard windex is bad for chrome?

i heard windex is bad for chrome?

Alot of people I know use it,and there's been no problems yet. I've only had mine for about 3 weeks now tho. I used to have black 20s (which windex DOESNT work on) and I stepped up to chrome 24s with red and black inserts. And it sure does make em shine

Electrical:

-BIG III

-(5) XS Power d3100s

152.3 In Street Beat 5.

Archived