Sonic Electronix

Could this actually work out?

Jus wondering guys, im on a strict budget and was wondering if i put one crunch 1500.1 amp on each alpine typer 12 would it be sound advice? The subs are the dual 2ohm version and i have the 2 amps already!

Current Setup:

Sony CDX-7401UI

2- 12" Alpine TypeR DVC2ohm Subs

Custom ported box

4-American Bass 6.5in SQ-6B Mids

4-Pioneer TS-T15 Tweeters

2-Crunch P1500.1 Mono Amps

2-runs 1/0 GA KnuKonceptz

KnuKonceptz RCA's

1-Stinger SPV44 Battery

Coming soon:

250 Amp Alt

Custom Door Panels

Second Skin Sound Deadner

All in my 1986 Monte Carlo SS!!!

Jus wondering guys, im on a strict budget and was wondering if i put one crunch 1500.1 amp on each alpine typer 12 would it be sound advice? The subs are the dual 2ohm version and i have the 2 amps already!

If you plan on doing this, I would highly recommend wiring each sub in series to a 4 ohm load each. They alpine Type R is a solid woofer and a decent design. Definately can put up decent numbers with a pair. But pushing more than 750 a piece to those subs is not a great idea. I know people will do it but you have to be very careful putting well over twice the rated rms to a sub. Your thermal and mechanical limitation specs become much more narrow the more you overpower your sub. The R's are rated around 500 rms and will absolutely thump on 500 to 600 RMS in the correct enclosure.

u sure about that

i got 1200 on each of my type r's and they take it easy and dont get smelly at all

they can take up 2 1500 easy

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

If you plan on doing this, I would highly recommend wiring each sub in series to a 4 ohm load each. They alpine Type R is a solid woofer and a decent design. Definately can put up decent numbers with a pair. But pushing more than 750 a piece to those subs is not a great idea. I know people will do it but you have to be very careful putting well over twice the rated rms to a sub. Your thermal and mechanical limitation specs become much more narrow the more you overpower your sub. The R's are rated around 500 rms and will absolutely thump on 500 to 600 RMS in the correct enclosure.

i agree with all of this. ive heard of several people putting over 1000w to one type r but if you dont know how to do it, you will burn the woofers up. just use 1 amp for the pair. get 4ohm coils and wire to 1ohm.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Well ive heard that these crunch amps are overrated and that they actually only put out less than 750 watts so thats why i went with those. Plus the fact that they only costed me 75 bucks apiece from a guy down on his luck! And they were brand new!! Im thinking wiring these babies down to 1ohm each and try to gain match the best i can! Any input on that fellas?

Current Setup:

Sony CDX-7401UI

Custom ported box

KnuKonceptz RCA's

1-Stinger SPV44 Battery

Coming soon:

250 Amp Alt

Custom Door Panels

Second Skin Sound Deadner

All in my 1986 Monte Carlo SS!!!

Well ive heard that these crunch amps are overrated and that they actually only put out less than 750 watts so thats why i went with those. Plus the fact that they only costed me 75 bucks apiece from a guy down on his luck! And they were brand new!! Im thinking wiring these babies down to 1ohm each and try to gain match the best i can! Any input on that fellas?

go for it. you'llonly get like 700 watts fromeach amp

Oh I will be putting up a build log once the weather breaks! (Cant wait) Just want to show these guys around here that you CAN bang for the buck!!

Current Setup:

Sony CDX-7401UI

Custom ported box

KnuKonceptz RCA's

1-Stinger SPV44 Battery

Coming soon:

250 Amp Alt