Second Skin Audio

How much would YOU pay for these?

It depends on how loose the suspension on each woofer is, if the impedence jumps around when using a dmm to read the coils, how much lead is left on the subs from previous installs, the color of the coil if it is dark or burnt at all, also if the tinsel leads are showing through the spiders (I've seen this before on DD subs and you know they are on the way out if you can start to see tinsels coming through).

If everything were to check out and you can hear them demoed first before you buy them I'd probably pay $200-$225 at the absolute most. The woofer is easily reconable with a recone bought from DD or any other company that does recones and you would have yourself a motor with new soft parts basically equaling a new woofer with whatever cosmetic blemishes on the motor/basket. The 2500 series woofers are better than a DC Level 3 to put it in comparrison for those of you that are unaware of the DD line. Also by better than I mean louder, not necessarily better sounding. I've seen some serious numbers out of 2500's and around 3K watts of power for burps. Over 150's in an explorer with a pair of 15's, so I'd give em a go if it were the right price.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

i'd buy those for around 200 bucks, those are good subs even if they need a new recone, those caps get wrinkles in them from people pressing on them, because like how stiff they are, i seen it a lot on dd subwoofers without carbon caps

ddftw

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details