Sundown Audio

amp problem

well i just got a hifoinics zeus 4406 off here and it worked perfect when i got it

but ive been playing it loud and what knot lately and my amp is NOT mounted to box but below it, and when i left burger king i turned it up on some decaf song and it was wangin like hell, dash was moveing and doors was shakein and all of a sudden my mids n highs amp shut off but subs kept playing and i was like wtf?

and i tryed unhooking the speaker wires and it still goes into protect

everytime i turn it on the green and red led lights up and the red protect led will not shut off and i was wondering what it might be?

i unno if a mids n highs amp could have low voltage issues when its runnin @2ohm on all channels with 2 batterys and the big 3 done?

and if it is something wrong with it, is there a place i can send it to to get it fixed? i didn't spend alot for the amp but i dnt want to spend as much to fix this one as it would cost for a brand new one

lemmie kno guys, i just took it out today and im gunna put my memphis 150.2 back in for the time being and hook the hifonics up in my room n see if i can figure out why it went to protect

Edited by tacomabanga1986

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

oh, i forgot to add that it wasn't running at 2ohm it was at 4ohm cause i took my 8's out

anyone kno what it might be

or someone that can fix it for less than a new one?

and i'll say again, the amp was under my box on my amp rack, not attached to box, u can check my system in my sig to see what i mean, the amp was were my 150.2 useto be

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

would this be a good replacement for my hifoinics?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11753_Crunch+P1400.4.html

cause for what i gave for my hifonics zxi 4406 it would be cheaper to get another amp vs haveing this one fixed, is that a good deal?

and has anyone ever used cruch 4ch amps?

Personally I'd look into an MB Quart 4ch. There owned by Maxxsonics as is Crunch and Hifonics but IIRC, the Discus series is Maxxsonics 'premium' lineup of amps. I could be wrong though. Good price on em too.

As for your amp, idk. Make sure you check the ohm load of each speaker and your power and ground are good.

Solo Baric L7 - Imitated, but NEVER duplicated!!!

ya my wire was fine and i only had my comp set runnin on front channels and my coax runnin off rear channels so 4ohm x4 shouldn't hurt anything with 2 batteries and big 3 so i unno why it just up n stopped unless somethin inside got shook loose, i'll take it apart tommrow tho

just cant figure out why my memphis pr150.2 aint went out so far, well i got it new but i dunno if the guy i got mine from had his mounted to box or somewere else

ah well i'll deal with it later, my 150.2 will work for now

well i got bored yesterday so i hooked my zues 4406 up here inside the house to see what i could get out of it

now understand that i have a rectifier that converts 110vac to 13.8vdc and i use it to test all my 12v stuff

well i hooked it up and when i first turned it on it takes 1sec and goes into protect and for some reason the power light stays on and the red protect lite stays on, but for some reason last night the first time i hooked it up since i took it out my truck it was playing music while in protect mode off the front 2 channels pritty clean signal, but when i hooked my speakers up to the rear channels it was distored as shit so i dunno whats up with it

i took the bottom of it off to look inside and it all looks brand new to me, no oxidied relays or caps, or anything that looks burnt for that matter

does anyone kno of someone that i can have check out my amp and see whats wrong with it, it might be a simple $20 fix or maby somethin higher but i loved this 4ch to death, it played the hell out of my 6&1/2's, and when it went bad i had my comps wired to front channel and my coax wired to rear channel, so it was running 4ohm on all channels

and i had it running with 4guage pos and neg, 14guage speaker wire, i mean it was playin fine that day and then it does this, it dont get hot or anything so i dunno wtf is wrong with it

so plz give me some more info on some place that might take a look at it for me for cheap n can fix it for not that much, i hate to spend $150 for a new amp when this one might not have that much wrong with it

plz help :(

my memphis pr150.2 will get me buy for a while till i get it fixed

ya it still had somewhat sound comeing out of it n then it stopped again, i dunno, when it powers on everything lights up even the hifonics sign but when it goes into protect the hifonics sign gets brighter

is there a website for dbr?

i'll call em tommrow n see if they can fix it

thankx for the info bro :)