Second Skin Audio

Kens Recone Thread

I wont do any more threads, I will just keep everything in here.

As most of you know, I do speaker customization, and reconing. I have access to about 2,000+ recone kits- Dont ask for anything new, its all oldschool- 2000 and earlier is the majority

I do alot of Fosgate, Soundstream Cerwin Vega, and just custom stuff, so here is some of my builds I was working on tonite, and in the last few weeks.

Any questions just ask, I also sell parts for the hobbiest

Enjoy...

Custom pair of 12s for a customer, 3" coil D2 long throw, tall surround, double stiff spider.

beefy motor, bolt thru motor design

DSCN2376.jpg

DSCN2375.jpg

DSCN2378.jpg

DSCN2380.jpg

DSCN2381.jpg

Upgrading/customizing a Soundstream T2

stronger coil, better suspension, and going from 12" to 15" D1

DSCN2370.jpg

DSCN2372.jpg

DSCN2385.jpg

DSCN2384.jpg

DSCN2383.jpg

RF HX2 Power- 4" coil/motor

DSCN2319.jpg

DSCN2317.jpg

^^painted the frame, was kinda old, and scuffy

DSCN2325.jpg

DSCN2335.jpg

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

DSCN2105.jpg

DSCN2095.jpg

DSCN2093.jpg

DSCI0003.jpg

DSCI0001.jpg

CC_Audios 18"^^^

DSCN2070.jpg

DSCN2070.jpg

DSCN2016.jpg

DSCN2013.jpg

DSCN1989.jpg

DSCN1988.jpg

DSCN1987.jpg

^^ Completely custom Type R 12"

DSCN1968.jpg

DSCN1969.jpg

MA Audios, maybe now they will handle 2500rms?

DSCN1907-1.jpg

DSCN1898-1.jpg

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

DSCN0035.jpg

DSCN0036.jpg

DSCN0019.jpg

DSCN0018.jpg

DSCN0007.jpg

DSCN1918.jpg

DSCN1924.jpg

DSCN1925.jpg

DSCN1920.jpg

DSCN1907.jpg

DSCN1905.jpg

DSCN1904.jpg

DSCN1892.jpg

sundown.jpg

DSCN1820.jpg

DSCN1821.jpg

DSCN1823.jpg

DSCN1825.jpg

DSCN1774.jpg

DSCN1773.jpg

DSCN1744.jpg

whewww

fingers hurting

Iam sure this will not be 56k friendly?

sundown.jpg

I will look on my recone list, and let you know....

My newest project, next to that very first sub at the very top

DSCN2386.jpg

DSCN2387.jpg

DSCN2388.jpg

Ken,

TS-C603

PIONEER

820GR30-51S

PIONEER

25-710F

PIONEER

TSW253C

PIONEER

30-758A-1

PIONEER

TSW301C

PIONEER

TSW302C

PIONEER

PW-384A

PIONEER

^ Thats all the pioneer

sundown.jpg

how much 2 get two 12 type r's done

i just want them 2 take alot more power

there the 2005 base ones

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Only so much you can do with those Rs.

The 12" have a coil that is odd size like 1.935", and the motor have a 5 hole pattern so its kind of hard to swap frames too

Its just the Type R is still kind of new to the parts I can get, as far as recone kits, in my hands I would need to customize it

sundown.jpg

damn that not the news i wanted 2 here

but thanks any way bro :(

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Archived