Second Skin Audio

If you were to buy an 8 in sub what would you pick

steven

i dont see why not? it was done in a crx just like the op...and he did it on im pretty sure 1500 watts? and im guessing that the box he built isnt anything too crazy from the looks of it.

but what was that box tuned to he did it in? I bet it wasnt a daily tuned box .

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Well since you put it that way. I’ll attempt to explain my dilemma in which lead me to the reasoning of asking about 8s. First I thought it would be a good idea to maximize cone area for the class hence 4 8s. Second Dc lvl 5s seem require a lot of power to show their real potential. Third in the usaci sb1 I can only have 2 bats + 1 stock so my fear in running monster subs like the dc’s would be I would not have the proper electrical to back it up for a 30 sec run; also the alt that is being built for my crx is only a 220 amp and that’s the biggest I found. This led me to believe 8s which didn’t require as much power might be a better route. I may have been completely wrong in approaching this, but it seemed to be an option in which I could work with. I will now consider looking into the dcs and what I can do with them after reading and further messing with the car.

With 3 good batteries and a 220A alt you could probably hold ~6kw for 30 seconds. Something like 2 SAZ-3500D's as long as you weren't running them at a stupid ohm load.

Cone area is nice but don't forget about motor force... a 9510 probably has several times the motor force of a 1508 and 3kw is plenty for them in the right box.

8's just aren't built for SPL. Ok so some people are doing some good numbers with them but people are doing WAY bigger numbers with 10's and 12's. What's the world record for Street A? I think it's right around 160dB - that's with 1 sub-650ci battery and 1 amp. And I don't think they were running 8's ;)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

With 3 good batteries and a 220A alt you could probably hold ~6kw for 30 seconds. Something like 2 SAZ-3500D's as long as you weren't running them at a stupid ohm load.

Cone area is nice but don't forget about motor force... a 9510 probably has several times the motor force of a 1508 and 3kw is plenty for them in the right box.

8's just aren't built for SPL. Ok so some people are doing some good numbers with them but people are doing WAY bigger numbers with 10's and 12's. What's the world record for Street A? I think it's right around 160dB - that's with 1 sub-650ci battery and 1 amp. And I don't think they were running 8's ;)

Ya your right which was bad timing for making this thread. I made this thread and within 5 min I found the loudest sb 1 car with 2 9510s, but they used 4 amps and some pretty big batteries. I have linked up with someone whom has placed in world finals numerous times so guess its time to start learning.

steven.jpg

Archived