Sonic Electronix

Want to start a build, but have no direction

I'm about to pick up my first car in a few months, an 02 Lincoln LS. I want pure SPL but keep the stock look (aside form adding a sub in the back and tweeters on pillars) - all four seats (and some trunk space if there is any to spare) must be functional. I can live with dropping the seats down to give me extra SPL when I'm not rolling with anyone in the back. Those who have worked on one before, can you give me guidence as to what works and in what configuration. Budget wise, I want good quality products that won't break the bank at the same time. I see this board pushes RF alot, so maybe that? How about Kickers? Not sure how many amps the altenator is, let's assume 60, but I believe it may be 105 - will I need batteries? Another point - I want to keep the system modular so that I can add more amps to it as I want (ex. start with 1000 or 2000 watts and build on it). My goal, drown out all other sound systems in my area.

Oh, my name is Stefan and I just recently joined the board. I'm 21, I'm a Pro mobile DJ, I own my own company, check my site out - www.gtasound.com. I live in Ontario Canada and was drawn to this site after realizing that this is where big sound is at (not just bass). I'm use to loud sound as I work day in day out with Pro Audio 10 Kilo-Watt - 50 Kilo-watts sound systems for concerts. I know a fair bit about sound and theories aswell as applications. I'll be reading around the forums for ideas and dropping in a line where I can. I've done a few installs for buddies of mine, but nothing considered pro. For my own build, and first car, it has to be done right.

Stefan Brijlall

GTA Sound Pro DJ's

www.gtasound.com

How much do you want to spend on an audio system?

Well, as much as it'll take to pound the ground, so to speak. Figuritivley speaking and from what I would start with:

1. Big 3 upgrade = $75

2. Altenator = ~$300

3. Subs + Generic Enclosure (or home built) = ~$500 - I think a one 15" L7 should do the trick until I'm ready for two.

4. Amp = ~$500

5. All other parts to get the subs pounding = $200

So it looks like about roughly $2000 give or take a few hundred.

Good starting grounds? Am I upgrading in the right order? I want to try and keep the stock deck if at all possible, for now. Again, I'm looking at about 1000 - 2000 watts just to get things bumping. I'll upgrade the components in succession.

Oh, I want to do everything myself so don't direct me to an installation shop.

Edited by gtasound

Stefan Brijlall

GTA Sound Pro DJ's

www.gtasound.com

why keep the stock head unit? if you did that you'd need something like an RF 360.2 to flatten out the stock head unit's EQ curve.

I'm going to upgrade it later. Or should I do that first before subs? I'm trying to keep a stock luxury look. But it doesn't matter really because the exterior is dressed in chrome trims, hid's, tints, and rims.

Stefan Brijlall

GTA Sound Pro DJ's

www.gtasound.com

my opinion in order of importance

head unit

alt/batteries/big 3

install components ( wire, rcas, fuses, etc. )

amps

woofers

box

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Ya man, you don't want to spend 2 grand on just the thump (well you do want to....LOL but you shouldn't). Do your components first, get a good base sound, then get to thumping. Plus, that is really going to be about 4-700 for decent upgrades of your stock.

<>< Collosians 2:13-14, Philippians 4:13, 1 John 4:7-10

2 - JBL W15Gti

2 - JBL BP1200.1

Knu 1/0 Wiring

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood/Garmin Nav.

I know someone you need to ask about this because he has done like 5 of these builds just like this. Look up cc_audio on here and message him for advice, he really knows what he's doing and I know his shit bumps (I practically grew up with the guy).

If you need further credentials check out his youtube page it is:

http://www.youtube.com/user/kickersolox

Pretty much all of his systems are like you want to build. Plus he is versatile in box design, hell he helped me do all my systems my page is:

http://www.youtube.com/user/livinloud1998?feature=mhw4

Good Luck!

Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move!

I say spend the money you want to spend on an L7 on something twice as good.

84 K5 Blazer

3" body, 2" Suspension

35" Maxxis Bighorn

100amp Alt

Marine deep cycle for the amps (freebie)

KnuKonceptz 1/0

8 Hifonics HFi 12D4's in ~19cubes tuned to 35hz

Audiopipe AP-18001D

RF 5x8's in the kicks

Almani 5.25 comp. in back

Kenwood KAC-645

--IN THE FUTURE--

None.

<!--quoteo(post=0:date=Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM:name=Decaf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Decaf @ Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->we seriously need some butt plugs so you guys stop spewing chit talk<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->