Sonic Electronix

today i was driving and i crank my hu to the song trunk bang by dorrough and its hitting pretty hard.. about after a min of listening, i feel like my subs are slowly getting quieter. then they go back to normal after about 10 secs of decreasing in sound and its fine again. then 5 seconds after it goes back to normal, it completely just cuts out.

here im thinking wtf? i thought my amp fuses blowing was fixed since it hasnt happened in a while. because i switched my fuse to match under the hood, i go check and its fine. then i go back to my car, turn my hu down and then my bass starts coming back. happened a second time with a different song shortly after, but no fuses were blown and they returned to normal after being turned down for about 10 seconds.

my gain was turned down and my bass on my hu is at 0 so i dont know what it could be. im not entirely what my gain is at but it was 3/4 before i got it adjusted and the guy said it was way too high so i think its probably 1/2 gain now.

any ideas why this could happen?

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Kenwood 500 watt class d mono amp

On 4/14/2010 at 5:40 PM, Boon said:

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

if your running on a stock battery and electical system... im going to call voltage drop....

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

vehicle \ year \ electrical setup?

nissan altima/ 1993/ idk

if your running on a stock battery and electical system... im going to call voltage drop....

well the battery is aftermarket but it does that thing where it drops my rpms every hit

and does it matter that i think i was driving when it happened? going 40 and my rpms were up about 2 thousand

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Kenwood 500 watt class d mono amp

On 4/14/2010 at 5:40 PM, Boon said:

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

nissan altima/ 1993/ idk

well the battery is aftermarket but it does that thing where it drops my rpms every hit

and does it matter that i think i was driving when it happened? going 40 and my rpms were up about 2 thousand

well you probly need a new alternator and battery

Introduce a no fat chicks in the whip rule.

Im gonna have tech force make up a sign that says that and put it on my car lol

well you probly need a new alternator and battery

Are you fucking tripping? He has a 500w amp. You could probably run that off the friggin' dynamo on a pushbike.

OP, Go put your hand on the amp next time it cuts out and see how hot it is. Use the back of your hand in case it's really really hot.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

u sure ur not under rated ohm level?

i had the same thing happen 2 me and i was at 1 when the amp chould only rated at 2

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Archived