Sundown Audio

Amp mounting question.

Is it true that mounting your amps directly onto your box is not good for the amps? I have both my amps mounted in back of my box. I did this to clear a little space in my trunk. Also I like that look of not being able to see what is going on in the trunk when you open it, but if this is going to cause damage to my amps let me know I'll re mount.

HU: Kenwood KDC-MP745U.

Sub: AQ HDC 15

Amp: Hifonics BXi 1610D for sub, ZXi 6410 for mids highs

Speakers: 6.5 premium MB Quarts components,6.5 MB Quart premium coaxial back doors

Wiring: KLMX Kable 1/0g for Big 3.Double up 4g from battery to trunk...for now.

Big 3: YUP!

Battery: Shuriken SK-BT35 to the trunk.

Randoms: Flush mounted Stinger blue digital voltmeter. Flush mounted Memphis 7band EQ- 16-EQ50. phoenix gold 2 channel line driver.

iv never had a problem with it. it is a good idea if u are gonna do it to put rubber bushings between the amp and box tho

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

iv never had a problem with it. it is a good idea if u are gonna do it to put rubber bushings between the amp and box tho

Rubber brushes??? Those are just fat rubber "o rings correct" this is just to reduce the vibration right?

Speakers: 6.5 premium MB Quarts components,6.5 MB Quart premium coaxial back doors

Randoms: Flush mounted Stinger blue digital voltmeter. Flush mounted Memphis 7band EQ- 16-EQ50. phoenix gold 2 channel line driver.

Rubber brushes??? Those are just fat rubber "o rings correct" this is just to reduce the vibration right?

yes sir that is correct

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

yes sir that is correct

Either way rubber or not, mounting it there is not going to cause it any harm to my amps? I spent my break looking at some of the other post and I read a few places were people blame the vibration from the amp being mounted on the box for causing the amp to fail or shut down. Want to make sure I'm safe.

Either way rubber or not, mounting it there is not going to cause it any harm to my amps? I spent my break looking at some of the other post and I read a few places were people blame the vibration from the amp being mounted on the box for causing the amp to fail or shut down. Want to make sure I'm safe.

your fine unless you're pushing 5-30kW but I'd put the rubber bushINGS between your amp and the box if for nothing else it'll help keep it cooler

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

your fine unless you're pushing 5-30kW but I'd put the rubber bushINGS between your amp and the box if for nothing else it'll help keep it cooler

30,000 watts, LOL I haven't Steve'd out yet! I'm running a baby 1900 watts all together. I'll do the safe thing and rubber up... thanks for the input.

30,000 watts, LOL I haven't Steve'd out yet! I'm running a baby 1900 watts all together. I'll do the safe thing and rubber up... thanks for the input.

Stack 2 or 3 of these between the amp and box and you should be fine

http://www.lowes.com/pd_139364-37672-881259_0_?productId=3013202&Ntt=rubber%20washer&Ntk=i_products&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?newSearch=true$Ntt=rubber%20washer$y=0$x=0

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

Its always good to use those rubbers ;)

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?