Sonic Electronix

Think of your amps much like a tattoo you might get. If the artist you go to uses top of the line tattoo machines is this person going to produce top of the line artwork...

when it comes to tattoos,murals,etc. the equipment doesn't make the 'artwork', SKILL makes the artwork.

tattoos and audio. two totally different things.

TNCB

....my damn room was shaking, im like wtf is this how am i gonna die jakin off to vida guerra?

Think of your amps much like a tattoo you might get. If the artist you go to uses top of the line tattoo machines is this person going to produce top of the line artwork...Maybe. Are you going to take your chances on maybes? I would find an installer that is WELL known for there professional skills, make sure they are who they say there are and do a little research. Then just take your shit in for tuning. Let them do what they do and if they ear tune it, who care as long as everything sound clean. If you want check out Ray from Audio Innovation on here this guy knows his shit... find a person like that to tune your amps!

well said man.

Some will get it, some won't.

and thanks for the mad props.

see ya monday

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

well its tough because sometimes i find that tunning by ear if they have been doing it for years may sometimes be better that with the oscope but the oscope does get you right on the money

If an o-scope will get you right on the money, how can you get better doing it by ear?

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

scope is done with a solid tone. 0db track

when i do it by ear, i can use music and get spot on.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Honestly, I only tune SPL setups with a scope, so I can get it to where the wave is just starting to square off.

In a musical setup a 15 minute listening session with a piece of music you know really well and your little flathead screwdriver will end up with a result that is almost always more pleasing to the ear.

In high end setups with speakers run active I use a scope and tone generator to set the crossover points as well, if the crossover is an analog pot... but even then I may nudge it a little in either direction based on what my ears are telling me.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

checking clipping from the headunit is more important than output from the amp.

Shit can roll downhill alot faster straight out the deck.

checking clipping from the headunit is more important than output from the amp.

Shit can roll downhill alot faster straight out the deck.

i dont know how to find out where it clips, so i was just gunna put the volume at 40 because it goes to 50 and set the gains with a multi meter there. or i was thinking about 35 because i never turn it past 30

1)Alpine CDA-117

1)hifonics brutus bxi 2610

1)hifonics zeus zxi6410

3)Alpine sps-600c

2)Fi BL d1 15s fully loaded

i dont know how to find out where it clips, so i was just gunna put the volume at 40 because it goes to 50 and set the gains with a multi meter there. or i was thinking about 35 because i never turn it past 30

This is why a scope is handy... I've seen a JVC touchscreen clip at like, 32/50. Some Pioneers clip at like 95% volume, others clip at ~70%. Even within the same model I've found differences...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

This is why a scope is handy... I've seen a JVC touchscreen clip at like, 32/50. Some Pioneers clip at like 95% volume, others clip at ~70%. Even within the same model I've found differences...

so should i just set it at 35/50 or should i just go with an o-scope and have a shop do it all.

1)Alpine CDA-117

1)hifonics brutus bxi 2610

1)hifonics zeus zxi6410

3)Alpine sps-600c

2)Fi BL d1 15s fully loaded