Sonic Electronix

i got 2 18s in a 4th order :lol:

i however didnt do the design but i have 4 cubes or so on the sealed side and around 17 on the ported side. thats over a 4-1 ratio though which is a little big. try 4 cubes sealed with 12 ported and see how that goes. as far as how to tune it, i have no clue as i dont design bandpasses. maybe its just like designing a ported box?? maybe someone will chime i here

dang 4-1 ratio how peaky is it?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Well no term lab as of now.thats on the long list of future investments. Anyway got some good news today. finally found some 21" cones so Foreverbumpn will be building custom 21" recones for the baskets he has to go on hdc3 motors. I hate to ask but how do you know how big to make the sealed side? I know once I've got the sealed part I just use the 3:1 ratio. How would I determine the sealed side for 2 21's to get the design started?

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

well rule of thumb- for a 15" you need roughly 1.5 cubes for an 18" you need roughly 2 cubes sealed

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Ok then. so with 21's say 2.5? Again thanks to everyone who has helped so far.

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

Not many have. Thats what is gonna make this so much fun. I can't wait to get them!!