Second Skin Audio

Box aiming on back seat in car...

Long story short, i will have a build log up later. I made a few changes to my box design while building and well, if my box was 1/2 inch shorter at any dimension i would be alright. it will NOT fit in the trunk, spare tire out, wiggling, wedging, i even just took the bask seat out and tried to stuff it through the cab... the game-plan is to run my new dc level 4xl 15 on my backseat until i can find a local buyer of my box to start fresh. I have watched a few videos on youtube where people had the sub and port firing upward with the box in the backseat, would this theoretically give me the best response in this situation? Thanks. :)

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

I dunno how other people have dome it, but I've never had it work, ever.

The only time I get output is in the trunk sub/prt back.

That's what i was afraid of. It's gonna suck with the sub here, wiring all redone, and finally having a speaker to bridge my hifonics 2010d down to 1-ohm on... With a box that won't fit in the damn trunk. :/

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

I had the same problem.

The box needed to be 18x36x17 and the biggest I could fit in one piece was 14x29x16.

Ended up building the box in the trunk sealing and reinforcing as I went. Turned out okay, first run didn't have enough brace and it blew the rear wall loose, added a shitton of 1" angle brackets and it's all good now.

I had to improvise so all of the top/sides/back are attached from inside the box via said brackets.

Maybe you could try something like that?

[HOONIGAN]*

'01 Ford F-250 LWB
JVC KD-R950BT / Alpine MRV-M500 / (2) SWA-10s4

Archived