mazda 6, 158.0@30hz 4 18" subwoofers. update pics page 55,56,58,59

^^ I seen that from a guy here on SMD awhile back, but tried it once, didnt come out great

lol

That is correct. I made the wood frame, rabbited the edges. Stapled the trunk liner to the wood and...here is the big secret! I shot nails from my brad nailer through the wood trim into the box so the trim piece would not move when I got super gangster and stretched the trunk liner. I bought an extra rubber gasket from the wecking yard So I didnt have to waste my time putting mold release and cleaning the original. I pulled the trunk liner as tight as possible and resined two coats. After that I applied a hefty coat of good ol bondo! once hardened I pulled out and started to sand. at that point all body work was done with glazing putty. Alot easier to sand. Once It was all ready to paint, off she went. It came back from the paint booth all warped from the heat. I used a heat gun and was able to put back into the car perfectly. Turned out pretty well... At one point I said fuck it and was ready to vinyl. Good thing I changed my mind!

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

gonna burp my system later today. Half power! Any guesses? Before I started the lil remodel two weeks ago I burped half power at 147.4@35 hz. Since then I have added 2 more batteries, changed box bracing, added new port, increased box size by 1.5 cubic feet.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

150.0, just a guess.

Awesome fibre work man. Love the look of it!

1988 Honda City E

• Big 3 in 1/0
  • Venom 6x9
  • Venom 6.5 Components
  • Response 4x100 midz and highs amp
  • Fusion NV 2500.1: STOLEN
  • 2 x 12 inch fusion nv subs
  • 10 inch 5 doller subs in my doors

PM me if you want help with electrical

I've been following, but how did you gain a foot and a half?

By taking the group 31 out of the box. all the 2x4's and I had a capacitor bank that had 20 1/2 farad caps linked together. There were no pics of that installed.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Burped tested today. Very sad day! Got a 145.5@29hz half power....seemed to be acting funny One sub was moving way more than the other. Kept messing with amps. had both amps putting out identical voltages. But one sub was still moving at a much higher degree. AHHHH one coil was not working. Said fuck it and let it rip melted sub in like 20 seconds. magnet was on fire.. kinda cool... Hopefully my real subs will handle the upgrade. The subs I was using to test were the wrong impedence. Dual 4's instead of dual 2's. What sucks is I just had these subs reconed. Time to upgrade the coils. Maybe some 4". Time will tell.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Burped tested today. Very sad day! Got a 145.5@29hz half power....seemed to be acting funny One sub was moving way more than the other. Kept messing with amps. had both amps putting out identical voltages. But one sub was still moving at a much higher degree. AHHHH one coil was not working. Said fuck it and let it rip melted sub in like 20 seconds. magnet was on fire.. kinda cool... Hopefully my real subs will handle the upgrade. The subs I was using to test were the wrong impedence. Dual 4's instead of dual 2's. What sucks is I just had these subs reconed. Time to upgrade the coils. Maybe some 4". Time will tell.

damn that sucks cant wait to c whats next!!!badass build man

damn that sucks cant wait to c whats next!!!badass build man

on my way to pick up dustcaps and grab my new subs! Hopefully will be able to do a clamp test later if all conditions are met. I will keep ya posted. Man I am getting a lil down on myself right now. Got to stay focused.

Thanks for the words!

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Updated pic.. getting paint later this week!

p_00376.jpg

yes that is an older clarion drx 9255. 1996.... the serial number is 000075.....

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Archived