Second Skin Audio

TB 8" tline design ~ build

the sub is a tang band w8" (w8-740p)and the tline i have designed is an on axis dual fold transmission line tuned to 30 hz. do you think i should tune it higher? (FS of the sub is 28 hz, it can drop low, believe me). i had it in a tline tuned to 40 hz and the siding on my house was rattling, so this sub does have some output to it.

heres the SKP model. first would be bare MDF, 2nd would be painted black with a plexi side. any opinions are welcomed!

acykox.jpg

EDIT: i see where i forgot to delete a line haha... right side of baffle.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

tlines are not meant to be tuned high. they are better for lower frequinces and near the drivers Fs

i had a 3" tang band full range in a tline tuned to 70 hz and it sounded AMAZING... are you sure about what you just said?

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

yup at higher frequences (sp) output will be greater in a ported box but will have a narrower range. there is no back pressure in a tline also so thats why the rms of the sub woofer will be cut in half.

tlines sound great but are not the best for spl output

Roseville, CA

yup at higher frequences (sp) output will be greater in a ported box but will have a narrower range. there is no back pressure in a tline also so thats why the rms of the sub woofer will be cut in half.

tlines sound great but are not the best for spl output

here in central missouri, being able to tell someone you have a tline might as well me saying youre jesus himself, they have no idea what youre talking about.

i like low tuning, and sq more than spl, so do i go ported, or tline on this deal?

Wonder how one of my DD 1008a's would sound in this thing?

everyone gets one free design from me, if you want one let me know and i will design you one.

24pm3xe.jpg

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

Archived