Sonic Electronix

Build planned for summer of this year.

Well I am new hear though I have been lurking around for a while.

I was envolved in a non-injury accident though I was not the cause of the accident but was intoxicated when it happened, (yes this was dumb and stupid on my part and I have learned my lesson from court ordered trips to the morgue, aa, 5,000 hours of community service and about 5k in restitution fees let alone through my mid 20s having to ride the city bus). But july 16th I will be able to have a licence once agin.

What I am looking at is starting to buy for components now so when I am able to drive once agin, I will be able to start on the build. I will be buying a used suv, depending on whats going on and what I find used but looking along the lines of a yukon, tahoe, suburban, explorer, expidition or maybe even a navigator (if one was with in reason of price range).

This will be a daily driver, but anything I have ever owned from my action figures as kids to renovations of my house at the current state. I can not stand to have stuff stock and with out my own ideas thrown into the looks of everything. I have some light fiberglass backround aswell as autobody backround. Was taught to woodwork at a young age and what not so I am not worried as much as the skills needed in that sence.

So in that retro spec what I am asking if anyone is up for it is your idea on components of the system. Then I can go from there, I will have more ideas and can do further detailed research into them.

What I am looking at is 6 sets of 6-6 3/4 Component speakers including the xovers, about 50-100 rms. Per set would like 100-200 price range.

Single din, flipout screen dvd player, mp3 compatible, with navigation. 300-600.

I am already planning on 4 18in Dc XL's, and 1 12in Dc Xl.

What amps could be sugjested for such components. (for 2 sets of each 6-6 3/4 component set I am looking 150-400 and for each sub I am looking at 400-900 range)

How many bats, and alts.

I would be runing 0/1 gauge, and 8 guage for speakers.

As for enclosures, how is cherry due to through my brother inlaw I am able to get it relativly cheap. That vs mdf.

For sound deadining mat, how much would be sugjested for a suv.

And any other advice you guys could throw out there I would really greatly appreciate. I am reading as much as I can on here and do appreciate all you guys have done before I have got here to have the wealth of knowladge there is around.

Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of educational references all throughout the forum. If you are wanting to run the DC's there are a lot of choices. Do not run two different size woofers, just stick with the 18's. As far as amps you'd be happy with Sundown, Rockford, Audioque just to name a few favorites of the forum. Wire wise you'd definatly want about two to three runs of both positive and negative 0 gauge.

first i would not mix the do different sizes of woofers, dc audio is a great choice as far as amps i would look into sundown audio maybe 4 of the new saz 2500 that will be on pre order soon (hopefully) and maybe 3 the 100.4s

Definitely get some knukonceptz fleks 1/0. Its great wire and it pretty affordable

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Ty for the welcome to the forum. As for the woofer thaught. I would like to do a custom console more for looks then anything with the 12. I will do a sketch up of the concept I have for it in the next couple weeks. With that I was only thinking 12 due to the size constraint of the space I would have to work with in that area. But with the sugjestion I guess I will have to look at the 5th when I actully have the suv I will be working with and just go from there to figure the console out.

Archived