Sonic Electronix

ill just be driving (what song ive noticed it most on is trunk bang by dorrough) and after about 20 secs of the bass hitting then i notice it gets about 50% quieter. then it just starts getting quieter from there and eventually it will just cut out if i dont turn my hu down.

once i turn my hu down it starts going back up again. i havent noticed this until recently, and all thats happened to my system recently is my frequency on my amp was lowered and so was my gain.

no fuses are blowing or anything so i dont know the problem. and someone mentioned voltage drop or something? but it wouldnt be voltage drop if i have my car on doing 40 down the road right? i dont know.

so after i leave my hu down for about 30 secs i can turn it back up to as loud as i had it but it will just start decreasing in volume again. i really dont understand it. it actually seems like it happens more often when driving but i havent noticed it when just sitting there with the car in neutral.

any1 that might know what this is?

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Kenwood 500 watt class d mono amp

On 4/14/2010 at 5:40 PM, Boon said:

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

Your electrical sucks bawls, that's the problem.

how do i fix "electrical"?

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

how do i fix "electrical"?

doing the "big 3" adding more batteries and getting a high output alternator. what kind of amp is it and what kind of car do you have

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

did you wire your subs up? cause according to your sig you have a kenwood 500 watt class d amp. i dont think your electrical should be doping that low. and my kenwood amp could not run 1 ohm stable and sometimes @ 2 ohms it would cut off.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

It could be a dodgy amp, or head unit. Or loose wires etc. check your wires first, a friend of mine thought his amp was blown cause it would start out loud for 10 seconds, then drop down to almost no output at all. turns out the wire had come out and was just resting on the terminal!

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

doing the "big 3" adding more batteries and getting a high output alternator. what kind of amp is it and what kind of car do you have

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kenwood+-+500W+Class+D+Mono+Amplifier+with+Variable+Crossover/8742603.p?id=1202648740280&skuId=8742603 this exact one. (i think its ok to post this?)

and a 1993 nissan altima

did you wire your subs up? cause according to your sig you have a kenwood 500 watt class d amp. i dont think your electrical should be doping that low. and my kenwood amp could not run 1 ohm stable and sometimes @ 2 ohms it would cut off.

i didnt wire them but the guy who installed it said they were at 2ohms i believe...

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Fucking weak man.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kenwood+-+500W+Class+D+Mono+Amplifier+with+Variable+Crossover/8742603.p?id=1202648740280&skuId=8742603 this exact one. (i think its ok to post this?)

and a 1993 nissan altima

i didnt wire them but the guy who installed it said they were at 2ohms i believe...

Cause i never had luck with kenwood, i was running a dual 4 ohm wired to 2 ohms and it did the same thing, kept cutting out.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

Cause i never had luck with kenwood, i was running a dual 4 ohm wired to 2 ohms and it did the same thing, kept cutting out.

i cant get a refund because ive had it too long which means im sol i guess :angry:

Edited by deeemc

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Fucking weak man.

and a 1993 nissan altima

If i had to guess i would say it is the amp. The gains are probably set all kinds of fucked up.

We had the EXACT same setup.

When i had my 9104D with my diamond d3's it did the same thing on notes that were lower then my tuning.

Like it cuts out and then a few seconds later cuts back in.

After i got my sundown i didn't have that problem.

Likewise i would advise upgrading ALL electrical.(BIG 3, in the very least THICK ass 4 Gauge, and possibly a bigger battery. I dont know enough about your ride to tell you what exactly it could be.

just remember, there are no smart people in the world, only some less retarded than others

wow shes hot too who is she? kim petras? wheres that from...i'd buss that open

Bone stock 2015 Genesis Sedan

RIP Civic :(

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg