I have been in the market for a camcorder for a while now. I was wondering if anyone had a really nice that wasn't a touch screen (fat fingers) and shoot full HD with image stabalization in digial zoom. Or something close to that. I want to try and keep it uder 800. I don't know what steve uses most of the time but some of his vids look real nice on a computer screen but i wanted one that would look good on a 65 inch.

Any help would be helpful. When i get one you'll see alot more of me pic and vid wise.

Mids/Highs: stock Bang & Olufsen

Lows: Image Dynamics IDMax 12v.3

Power: Sony Xplod XM-D9001GTR:Knukonceptz 4 gauge

Box: 1.75 cu/ft Sealed

Past: Pioneer Premier TS-W1207 (2)/ Rockford Fosgate P210/ Image Dynamics ID10V.3/ Infinity Reference 311A/ Audiopipe AP-18001D

samsung makes really good camcorders i have 1 from when it came out in 2000 and it still has great video quality lol i made some bass videos using it and it barely distorts the camera youtube.com/toucandan8989 look at my slamfest vids thats were i used that camera

Vehicle:2002 Toyota sequoia limited edition

Subwoofer:American bass xfl 12soon to be vfl comp

Amp:2American bass phantom 4ks 4000rms (using one fornow)

Headunit:Alpine cda 105

TL scre:141.75 at 35hz going to try to get it to a 45 with the new build!

My youtube channel !

Team extreme amperage

My facebook !

Ugg, I don't know much about camcorders but I would bet my UE check that Best Buy is not the place to buy one. Too expensive. Go there and play with them and then hit up newegg because you save a ton and get good stuff with it.

images-1.jpg

Here is the camera I was talking about ;)

http://us.sanyo.com/Digital-Camcorders/VPC-FH1BK-Full-1080p-HD-Video-and-8MP-Digital-Photos

60fps, 240 and 600 fps (true slow motion) if you're interested in that --- the slow motion doesn't seem to be that great, at least not imo.. it's a start, but needs a lot of work :P can only record 10 seconds worth, and the quality decreases too much. This was one of my main points at looking at this camera when it first came out, but I guess it wouldn't be that much use to me besides playing with it some lol

*Full 1080p HD Video (60fps)

*8-Megapixel Digital Photos

*10x optical zoom (16x "advanced" [digital ?])

*HDMI Output

I can no longer find the price for it, but it's around $500, or it was.. although it came out like a year ago and that was then so maybe.. and hopefully.. the price came down. EDIT: Looking at the online retailers (not on newegg as far as I can tell) it seems to be $400, but that is the other model of the same camera - if that makes sense - but I'm not sure what the difference is, just seems that one is compatible with mac - and one isn't? EDIT 2: The EXACT camera is $600 on amazon.

There are loads of videos from it on youtube.. (you'll find more if you just search "sanyo FH1") look at the one of the moon :D

Look at how good it does in the dark :D and look at how it shows the flash ---- make sure to double click this video and watch it on youtube in 1080p ;)

The only problem that I have found with it, from reviews, is that it loses about 10 seconds of video every 22 minutes - when it makes a new file. I can live with that though ;)

Overall, it seems like a really good camera to me. The zoom isn't all that great, I really wish it was more like 20x optical. Canon's camcorders around this price have 20x, but looking at video quality vs. this, this looks 10x better.

Edited by somerandomguy

I have been in the market for a camcorder for a while now. I was wondering if anyone had a really nice that wasn't a touch screen (fat fingers) and shoot full HD with image stabalization in digial zoom. Or something close to that. I want to try and keep it uder 800. I don't know what steve uses most of the time but some of his vids look real nice on a computer screen but i wanted one that would look good on a 65 inch.

Any help would be helpful. When i get one you'll see alot more of me pic and vid wise.

I got my 1080p Camcorder from WalMart for $100 yes I said $100. Its a no name brand but this little thing is awesome. It uses SD cards to record (up to 4Gb) It roughly comes out to 5hrs of video on one card. Its a AGFA Photo DV-5000HD (1280 x 720) I was looking at a Kodiak (720 x 480)for $400 then I saw this little Gem. I'll Post Pics of it when I find my crappy still camera

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)