Sonic Electronix

Will 2 more subs really make a differance?

Why? There is no harm in putting different subs together? What would be wrong with that? They are almost the exact same sub....Diff mags and a little different motor. Same foam, same cone, and same kind of basket. Almost same kind of coil too. Just The dub0's i have are 10.39ohms and the 10IB4's are 7.20ohms. And i like this because only running the W0's would give me like a 4ohm load and when i throw in the 2 IB4's It brings it down to a 2.5ohm load...Perfect for a daily bump.

"almost", right there is the reason why you shouldnt do shit. just because its "almost" the same doesnt mean its the same which means you shouldnt mix them...you cant throw together random woofers and get a final ohm load of 1,2,4 and say its fine...audio doesnt work like that. yes you can mix woofers together but you have to know wtf your doing and not just slap them together

Lmao yes there is a problem with mixing subs thats a very bad thing

Enplane to me why this is a bad thing? Taking three 10.39 ohm woofers baby chaining them together so they would be at a 4 ohm load then baby chain the last one to the 2 7.20 ohm subs to give me a 2.5 ohm final load. All the ohms are is resistance. Seriously someone needs to enplane in a professional way to me why this is sooooo bad? Just don't laugh at me and say oh your fucktarded and can't do that....that does not teach me anything!

"almost", right there is the reason why you shouldnt do shit. just because its "almost" the same doesnt mean its the same which means you shouldnt mix them...you cant throw together random woofers and get a final ohm load of 1,2,4 and say its fine...audio doesnt work like that. yes you can mix woofers together but you have to know wtf your doing and not just slap them together

Umm? I do know what I'm doing. They are all getting chained together. Why is this a problem? what is going to happen? tell me please

Now if im not mistakin'-Electricity flows on the easiest path... If you add 2 different subs with different ohm loads those subs with the lower ohm load would push more.

I wouldnt do it. I would do like that guy said. Figure out what you like more. Then either stick with that ya got or get a new box for the other subs.

Doug

sold everything

Why do people come in here and ask us for help, then when we give them our answer, not by one but by MULTIPLE people, disagree and tell us we're wrong? I don't get it :mellow:

x2, guess they just want us to back up our responses with wikipedia fact. :wacko:

sold everything

Why is it a bad thing to run 2 different ohm woofers together? They are all svc woofers so they will be baby chained together and adding the 2ib4's to the W0's will just give it less resistance.

baby chained?

Daisy Chained.. and having them all in series sill not get you what you want. Parallel is what you want.

Firstly: It is a bad idea to run subs with multiple impedance values because you will be feeding different amounts of power to them due to this. There are creative ways to do your wiring to get around this issue, but with 2 of one type and 3 of another, its not gonna happen.

Secondly: Different coils means different T/S parameters. This means one sub may cause wave cancellation if it is in the same common chamber of another sub that is different. Even being in a different box does not guarantee sound waves will not interact with each other.

You can go ahead and use them all together. It might sound like crap, or it might work. I would lean toward selling the two 10's that match and getting 1 or 2 more that match the first 3.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Umm? I do know what I'm doing. They are all getting chained together. Why is this a problem? what is going to happen? tell me please

wtf if you know what your doing then you wouldnt ask why mixing subs is a problem. look at the T/S parameters. if they arent the same they arent going to play the same. simple as that. what happens if they dont play the same? cancellation. "i know what im doing"...might wanna rethink that