behringer amp issues

my cousin sold me this amp a while ago after he blew the speaker in it

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-Ultrabass-BXL3000-300W-1x15-Bass-Combo?sku=481097

i had it running 2 pyle 15" subs for a while just like a power amplifier not as a bass guitar amp

it ran those fine for ever but now after its been sitting for about a year or so it wont work i cant fingure it out on the inside it has a green power on light and a red clip light both of those work it will power on and the clip lite lights up when i play my bass threw it at full volume like it should but theres no power to the sub i have hooked up fuses seem to be good what do u guys think. i can get a pick of the board up tomaro if u guys like

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

new info took the board out looked it threw it seems to be fine no burn marks look brand new hooked everything up plugged it in hooked up a little 5" sub to it and it moved then has a very very very quit buzz going threw it anythoughts as to what could be doing this? still not getting a signal though

please help

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

well seeing how i am in the home audio section and i have been using this amp to power a sub i think im in the right spot thanks though. also seeing how the same electronics apply i think that i am just in posting here

G'day buddy,

Behringer instrument amplification has a notorious reputation for this kind of behavior. It is very possible that the amplification stage was only designed to be stable at an eight ohm load, and no lower. You may have possibly blown an output device or more from driving loudspeakers the unit was not designed to drive.

Also possible is that by letting it sit for so long, the internals have given up the ghost. Behringer does not use high quality components in their instrument amplification range, and it would not surprise me if the capacitors on board no longer hold charge.

For many B-factor (Behringer)products, you can't really trust their reliability.

It's like trusting a Firestone tyre tube around your dong to protect you from an infection when you jump in a pool of liquified herpes.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

It's like trusting a Firestone tyre tube around your dong to protect you from an infection when you jump in a pool of liquified herpes.

Cheers,

Mick

You, sir, are one of the better things I've ever found on the internet.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

i do think that one of the caps has given up becouse if i power it on it pops then humz which tells me the cap had charged then discharged? also if i turn it on then unplug the fuze for the speaker it does nothing for a second then pops again wich again leads me to think its a bad cap. is there a way to replace the cap or how would i do more checks to make sure thats what it is. thanks for your reply

Archived