Second Skin Audio

1 15 or 2 12s

pk222

hey guys I've got a 98 camaro z28 and I blew my planet audio tq subs tonight. I have a boss 3500d amp that I picked up cheap so that was good for the minute. I still plan on running this amp because it actually has some decent power. Supposedly 1300 rms at 1 ohm. Im thinking of running one fi q 15 in a custom ported box with around 3 cubic feet max to play with or use my prefab/custom fitted sealed box to run 2 12s that I am currently running the planets in. I'm thinking of 2 dc lvl 3s or 1 fi . What would you guys recommend? I was ok with the output of my current subs but obviously they didn't last longer than 2 months. Any opinions? I was thinking of alpine type r's but was told these wouldn't do well in the small sealed box I have. 1 15 would be cheaper but around the same with making my box or with 2 12's in the box I already have would be around the same. What would you guys recommend off my power in my situation? I did not use an o-scope to set my gain I just used 0 bass boost with maybe a quarter gain. I have a pioneer deh 6800 mp head unit that I might be changing soon due to the fact of not being able to find an ipod cable.

Thanks in advance pk.

hey guys I've got a 98 camaro z28 and I blew my planet audio tq subs tonight. I have a boss 3500d amp that I picked up cheap so that was good for the minute. I still plan on running this amp because it actually has some decent power. Supposedly 1300 rms at 1 ohm. Im thinking of running one fi q 15 in a custom ported box with around 3 cubic feet max to play with or use my prefab/custom fitted sealed box to run 2 12s that I am currently running the planets in. I'm thinking of 2 dc lvl 3s or 1 fi . What would you guys recommend? I was ok with the output of my current subs but obviously they didn't last longer than 2 months. Any opinions? I was thinking of alpine type r's but was told these wouldn't do well in the small sealed box I have. 1 15 would be cheaper but around the same with making my box or with 2 12's in the box I already have would be around the same. What would you guys recommend off my power in my situation? I did not use an o-scope to set my gain I just used 0 bass boost with maybe a quarter gain. I have a pioneer deh 6800 mp head unit that I might be changing soon due to the fact of not being able to find an ipod cable.

Thanks in advance pk.

I would go with the two 12s it would give you more cone area and im sure your would be happy with the DC's

Archived