ATLien's 2002 Dodge Durango R/T Build Log

Whats up guys. I've been surfing the forum for a month or two and am FINALLY ready to post a build log of my own.

I don't have the fanciest equipment, space to work, or the proper tools for the job but I'm pretty proud of the progress I've made so far.

IMG00002.jpg

IMG00004.jpg

IMG00053.jpg

IMG00108.jpg

IMG00109.jpg

IMG00107.jpg

This is the first box I've ever built and it got a little hectic at times but here she goes...

First time working with fiberglass was interesting. I mixed it wrong and the whole cup hardened within 5 minutes, got so hot I thought it was going to catch on fire and started smoking. Here is the thread if you wanna read more. Great lolz inside.

I don't know what you guys do but I covered the entire inside with fiberglass mat and duck taped it in place.

boxbuild012.jpg

boxbuild013.jpg

boxbuild015.jpg

boxbuild014.jpg

boxbuild017.jpg

On to making it look good. First I wrapped it in a thin layer of matting that I bought from a fabric store to give it a little texture when it's all said and done.boxbuild2039.jpg

I had my girl help me wrap it in black leather. We were able to wrap it so that their weren't any visible seams at all.

boxbuild2040.jpg

This is the only picture I have of the final product and it was dark outside when I took it. I'll post some more tomorrow during the day.

boxbuild2041.jpg

B)

Haha Yea, unfortunately, I did.

I mixed the right amount of hardener but since they were measuring it in drops I literally counted every drop and it started to harden waaay quicker than I expected.

I guess ya gotta learn the hard way sometimes. :D

Archived