ATLien's 2002 Dodge Durango R/T Build Log

doors018.jpg

Everything you see wrapped in blue tape is going to be fiber-glassed, body-filled, sanded, and painted a nice glossy black. Also, if you look at the top of the above picture, the triangle is going to be glossy black with upgraded tweeters.

doors019.jpg

Alright, this is my second fiberglass project and I know a lot of people use wool but I went with 100% polyester. After wrapping the doors I DO NOT recommend it. I wanted to use something stretchy and light-weight so I could have more rounded edges but it took me about five hours just to get everything nicely wrapped.

This was very tricky. The best tool I found was to use a small flat head screw driver. I sprayed a little adhesive and pushed the fabric around my work area.

doors021.jpg

doors023.jpg

Lookin good so far, I have an 03 durango so I am curious to see how these sound.

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

Highest Score to date: 151.2 db @ Headrest

Fiberglass technique is very difficult to explain. It's just so unpredictable. The best you can do is be prepared.

I started with a nice thick coat of resin mixed with just under the reccommended amount of hardener. (I wanted to have a little longer to mend it how I wanted instead of being rushed)

After I had a thick coat of resin I started adding a little fiber.

This is a chop mat that I started pulling apart ahead of time.

mat.jpg

Archived