ztupper Posted March 15, 2010 Report Posted March 15, 2010 just wondering what you guys think of memphis audio subwoofers?
Neo_frog Posted March 15, 2010 Report Posted March 15, 2010 just wondering what you guys think of memphis audio subwoofers? Be more specific. I've been dealing with all Memphis products for about five years and can tell you anything about them. Need an install? Hit me up.[email protected]Got car audio questions? Check here first!Everything you need to know. =]http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/
tomysaw Posted March 15, 2010 Report Posted March 15, 2010 i love the stuff, got two m3's, two pr 6.5s pr 6x9s, memphis amp, and all memphis wires. very reliable. also they give awesome warrenties two 12" memphis m3(2008) 1 memphis 500 custom spl box kenwood hu memphis pr 6.5 and 6x9 i would love to get an amp that does 1500 rms, hit me up if u got something
fritosaregood Posted March 15, 2010 Report Posted March 15, 2010 just wondering what you guys think of memphis audio subwoofers? ive heard tons of memphis since thats one alot of the shops around here carry. most ppl i hear that have them have the pr series, they sound great for how cheap they can be. I personally have a pair of mojos i ran for a little while, and they had far better sq than i expected. i thought that it having a high fs wouldnt do great on music, but i had it dropping to 25~28 hz and still sounding great and getting loud in a box tuned to 35hz. they are forsale also, haha seller feedback: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61719 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=68281 build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=44800 Gf's build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/54346-kickergirls-camaro-new-box-pg-5/#entry753970
Neo_frog Posted March 15, 2010 Report Posted March 15, 2010 PR series is cheap, but surprisingly loud. I've dumped a little over 1000W to each one in one of my walls and they NEVER blew. I've tried to make PR series blow, but haven't been able to do it in a practical application. Plus the lifetime warranty kicks ass. The new S-class is pretty sweet. Also very loud for only 3-500W. The shallow mount makes for easier apps. The C3s are the new M3 replacements. The subs are one in the same, minus the ability to field swap the cones. MOJOs are my favorite subs from them. As stated above, the SQ is very unexpected and they get down. I've noticed that regardless of how clean or how much power you're giving them, they have a light smell about them. Whether I played lightly or heavy on my last wall, I would always smell them. Something to consider if you buy them. It's never something to worry about though. The CMs supposedly have more power handling than the MOJOs, but I haven't used them yet. They are trying to get me to do another Memphis build with them, but I haven't decided yet. And I don't think these have the field swap option either, but I could be wrong. Need an install? Hit me up.[email protected]Got car audio questions? Check here first!Everything you need to know. =]http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/
Forevrbumpn Posted March 15, 2010 Report Posted March 15, 2010 Ive dealt with all the memphis from the HPO older models to M3s, LVS, mojo mad max, regular mojos, and SHPs.... no complaints I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
bassprodigy Posted March 15, 2010 Report Posted March 15, 2010 ive got a complete memphis system (sig).... my boss has mclass syncs in all four doors, m3 12 and memphis 5channel amp..... our other installer has memphis door speakers, mclass 75x4 amp, mojo 15, and 1100watt mclass amp..... memphis is BY FAR our best selling brand at the shop and the most reliable.... i havent sold a single memphis product that didnt satisfy the customer.... all in all, memphis is the shit.... 2003 Toyota Sequoia Pioneer 4100dvd Memphis PR6.5 3ways in all four doors Memphis PR 15s (4) Memphis PR 1.1000 (2) Memphis PR 4.50 (1) Optima Yellowtop (2) Viper 5901 8000k H.I.D. kit 15% tint (2layers)
Forevrbumpn Posted March 15, 2010 Report Posted March 15, 2010 most hardcore dbdraggers wont run memphis stuff because its not designed by Nick, Scott, RE, Rusty, Treo, or TC Its a perfect match of equipment for the above average SQL minded person I think SPL, well there is no more Mojo Mad Max I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
tacomabanga1986 Posted March 15, 2010 Report Posted March 15, 2010 i wanna do a full memphis system sometime, the only memphis subs ive had was some old ass mclass or pr's with the double surrounds i run memphis sub amp and 2ch 150.2 and i love em, just make sure u got a good electrical and u wont be dissapointed at all, memphis can make some power here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit
Dan208 Posted March 15, 2010 Report Posted March 15, 2010 Years ago I ran a single 10" M-Class with a little over 200 watts. Very impressive sub. One of my favorites to date. Feedback thread- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/70871-dan208-feedback-thread/page__p__981961__hl__dan208__fromsearch__1entry981961
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.