40" Full HD

Actually if you research all the "experts" say 120hz is just a way for the tv to "fool" you into thinking its a better picture.

Think about this. Everything in your house runs off 60hz, why because the nekkid eye can only process 60hz or less.

That is why people get headaches from flourecent lighting.

Because some of the old ballasts still being used today was IIRC 40hz and they nekkid eye could see the flicker of the bulb.

If you try to say you can tell the difference between a 60hz, 120hz or 240hz tv I will call bullshit.

There was a review back just before christmas on the various tv's the retailers was selling for black friday and the following weeks.

They took 8 or 9 of the 40 inch models put them behind a false wall where all you could see was the picture then had people come and view them.

The people was asked after watching a 10 minute video if they could tell what tv was running on the various hz.

Something like 75% of them picked the wrong tv.

The others admitted it was a guess and they couldnt actually tell the difference.

I know the picture quality between 1080p 120 and 60 is only the frame rate, but I can swear, watching demo model tvs playing CGI animated cartoons, you really do see a difference in the movement, infact there really is a smoother motion, that is oddly realistic, almost spooky about it

I shop at Sams club, and they always have regular HD, and HD120, showing the same video, and its noticeable

but of course the picture is the same, just the motion on animated shows

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

120 hz basically just exists to try to cut down on blur. Most 240hz TVs aren't even truly 240hz. One of the main selling features of those TVs is frame interpolation (AutoMotionPlus, etc) and they look like crap. LCDs in general FTL.

You want a great picture without having to worry about 60 vs 120 vs 240 and motion blur? Get a plasma.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

Guest Scylloga

I know the picture quality between 1080p 120 and 60 is only the frame rate, but I can swear, watching demo model tvs playing CGI animated cartoons, you really do see a difference in the movement, infact there really is a smoother motion, that is oddly realistic, almost spooky about it

I shop at Sams club, and they always have regular HD, and HD120, showing the same video, and its noticeable

but of course the picture is the same, just the motion on animated shows

It is because its fooling your eye.

Ive looked for hte article but cant seem to find it.

The 120hz will make the tv appear to have a clean picture.

That is how the animation looks more fluid.

Your not actually seeing a 120hz picture just a enhanced 60hz.

BTW im not saying if you want a 120hz tv to not buy it. IF that is what you want then do it.

But to be told 120 or 240 is the best quality picture I call bullshit.

Also Foreverbumpin IIRC cgi shows will look better on a 120hz because of the way cgi is produced.

But normal everyday shows and movies will look no different on the two.