Second Skin Audio

when porting rear deck

ive had great results in a caddy firing port and subs back with 6x9s removed, 1/2 rear deck cutout out and the armrest cutout

physically putting ports thru the rear deck is best when firing the subs forward... not when the subs are still contained in the trunk, this usually sounds bad because not all the sound is produced by the port... so u will miss out on some/cause cancellation when u dont have both the speaker wave and port wave interacting

the idea behind firing it back is that it gives more distance between you and the speaker for the sound waves to form... some being 30ft+ long u "hear" them more the more time u give them to expand... this principal is used for the loudest drive-by spl guys... they want their waves to expand 6ft outside of the car... but we want as many waves in our car as possible

so being that the seats don't fold down firing into the back seat wouldn't work with the ports thru the deck? i'm sure a slot port would fit on the face of the box i'm building but i have never done one myself. not enough room on the face of the box for the aeros to keep it all in the trunk firing the same direction. what would you suggest? just looking to get the most out of my subs, i had them in my sonata subs up ports up and it sounded good,but i think they can def get louder .

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

I have thought alot about a dual bandpass in a similar situation. Instead of the ports receding into the box have them come out of the box and plumb them into the cabin. Tuning would be difficult and 6th orders are not easy to make sound good but if someone could get it dialed in they would not lose any sound pressure to the trunk. Just a thought and I didnt read through all the post so if it has already been suggested I dont need a flame. I'm tuned in though. Hopefully someone with some bandpass knowledge will chime in.

Looking for a CRX to get back in the game.

And a gas tank for my 01 r6. Hit the PM

was wondering if i have enough room on the front of my box for a square type port, the box is going to be 17h X 36w on the front and 27 deep on the top and 18.75 deep on the bottom. total volume after sub displacement is 7.14 cubes looking to tune to 33 or 34, thought if i had enough room on the front of the box i could just do a square type port in the middle of the subs firing to the rear of the trunk. just not sure how to figure out what size the port should be. thought that ma by one of you guys with a little more know how in this department could point me in the rite direction.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters