Blackedout's DAT 08 Civic SI trunk rebuild UPDATES 10/15/2011 NEW VID!

• 1 month later...

So a couple things are changing. I picked up a Digital designs 9500d motor off CACO a couple weeks ago. I was thinking its time to change the setup.

So I reconed the M3s with new 12 spoke baskets, and some upgraded spiders and coils from Ken (Foreverbumpn)... I sold them off to a customer who I was installing a stereo in a boat for. I ran them for a bit in my car and they sounded great. Car was getting down. All this happened about a week ago.

Today I stumbled across some 15s on craigslist. Some "no name auras" Well... sorry to say the person who sold em' didn't know that he had some high end subs. They are Aura NS15.4s and I'm going to give em' a try for a few months. Little background for those of you that don't know about them.... Neo magnets, 4" voice coil, aluminum cone and dustcap, high roll surround, underhung voice coil, 12" mounting depth, 20 HZ frequency response

Heres a little teaser pic from my phone. They are sitting behind a 150w 8" sub...

0815012331.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sorry for the crappy quality. I'll get some nice pictures from my camera once I get these up and running in my car.

Teasers. They were a little harder to get in the civic than the old m3s.

dsc09621z.jpg

dsc09623qx.jpg

I reinforced the baffle after I took this picture, it is a little more solid.

dsc09630y.jpg

Deck lid isn't on all the way, just kinda set it on for the purpose of the picture.

dsc09634i.jpg

Haven't played them yet. Hopefully they sound good. The box is way too small for them.

Those subs are the shit!! Your gonna love them :) your car looks great too. Those subs sound great and get damn loud

I hope so. I'm in the process of piecing my car back together. The deck was having rca problems all summer. I tore the deck apart and got to the circuit board and individually soldered the 12 leads for the RCA outputs. Reassembled it and it seems to be working now. It was cutting out left to right and doing weird shit. Now it isn't.... But we'll see what it does when the dash flexes.

Some more much needed pictures. I told you guys I redid my whole highs stage this year, changed out the deck, and did this and that but I never took pictures of it.

First up is some kick panels.

dsc09640k.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Big thanks to Nexson for making these. He didn't make them for me, I'm the second owner of these, but I give credit where credit is due. These definitely brought some highs to the car. Though they need some time alignment to really shine.

Huge build log for the kick panels here: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/458732-8th-gen-civic-kick-panels-million-pics-nexations-creations.html

Some selenium tweets up in the A pillars. These kill the old tweeters I had in the car. They are silky smooth. Big difference.

dsc09645gg.jpg

dsc09648f.jpg

JVC double din. Bluetooth, 5v preouts, dvd, etc. Aside from the problem I mentioned in my last post, I'm happy with the deck.

dsc09655z.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dsc09658ev.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dsc09661h.jpg

dsc09668s.jpg

Archived