yea man i feel your pain i carpeted my box about 3 weeks ago and the carpet is starting to "unstretch" and there are gaps inbetween where i formed the carpet......im bout to rip the carpet off, glass the whole box and have my buddy spray it with some aerodecent blue.....

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

I guess 3M didn't make their glue strong enough to hold up to the Albuquerque Heat..... 3M spray glue is banned from my Garage from now on.....

We use Weldwood contact adhesive for all of our vinyl here at the shop the key is you need to spray both surfaces and let the glue set for like 1 min b4 you put the vinly on this adhesive has never let us down it gets pretty hot here in OK in the summer 100+ and its really humid here also and it has never failed us hell i even did my head liner in vinyl most people told me it wasnt gonna work and here it is almost a year later and my shit is still holding strong :D anyway good luck with the next 1 man

I have always used M3 but pay alittle more for the Supper99. And I have done an all vinal trunk kits with it and have never had any of it buble or peal off. 100+ here as well!!! You just need to use the both surfice spray techneque like bass head described!

SMDsigbannr4.jpg-

Yeah, hard lessons learned. I'm well underway with this weldwood/foam/vinyl project - I'll post up some pics in a little bit. Good news is tha I had switched from the 3m to the sprayway 92 prior to doing all my door panels.. :blink:

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

Started on the vinyl.. I upgraded from the cheaper vinyl that I used the last time to a really nice 2 way stretch that I used on my door panels. It's a little darker, and looks really nice - especially when sitting on a nice layer of foam.. I'll finish up tomorrow - it's bedtime soon..

june18005.jpg

june18006.jpg

june18007.jpg

june18008.jpg

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!