Sonic Electronix

alright i have a 18" solo x in my 3000gt powered by a Memphis Mojo 4000 watt amp. so i was doing a demo for my cousin and as i was leaving all of a sudden my sub made a weird ass noise...well after hours of peeling the box apart and opening up the sub we found out that under the cone there are these plastic pieces holding. well the top right one cracked!! is it possible to glue this back(if so what type of glue and or strats please) if not i guess i will need a re-cone kit..(if i do could you point me to a website or store that sells them cheap) i am about 45 min away from sac.. thanks to everyone that responds!! greatly appreciated.

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

1 Memphis Mojo 16-MCD4KW (4000wrms)

All 1/0 Wiring

2 250 Amp Circuit Breakers

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

Post pics of damage please, it's hard to make an accurate assessment without a picture.. Just check ebay for recone kits, they are likely the cheapest you'll find.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Post pics of damage please, it's hard to make an accurate assessment without a picture.. Just check ebay for recone kits, they are likely the cheapest you'll find.

here are some pics

in the first pic you can see my finger next to it. it is cracked all the way through

0317002115.jpg

0317002116.jpg

0317002117.jpg

Edited by Zach_530

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

All 1/0 Wiring

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

I dont know if it will help you but when i get home later i will take some pics of my solo x 12 recone for you and maybe that will help

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

heres a website to the good glue, most ppl use caglue but this is a diff type of ca glue

http://www.mgchemicals.com/products/8337.html

that should work, ive heard this same story about pritty much all of kickers square subs that the cone is first to fail befor the vc

anyways hope u get it fixed, i just hope they made that glue in clear so i can fix my dustcap

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

For a recone he won't need CA glue, Solo-Xs don't work like that, they have the quick chance SPAIRs or whatever they're called.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

yea, well i went to my local audio store..they said they couldnt repair..they would have to send to kicker..all in all would be about 60 bucks not including kickers price to repair it. he told me a lot of people use silicone and it has been working for them. so i went to lowes and bought some ultra plastic bong glue and some silicone..i applied the plastic glue first then applied the silicone afterwards..im going to wait until tomorrow to hook up the sub to see what the outcome it..most likely looks like i am going to have to get one of the re coning replacements kicker offers. anyone know if the newer models cones with fit the older?

THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYONE WHO REPLIED TO HELP!! IT WAS GREATLY APPRECIATED :D

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

All 1/0 Wiring

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT