Second Skin Audio

Bandpass box or a regular vented for a 15 BL

i have been really interested in bass and want to get a 15 inch fi bl but cant decide between a Bandpass enclosure or a vented...

any suggestion,help,info?

i am planning to use a Hifonics Brutus BXI2010D 2000 Watt D-Class Mono Amplifier i have a 99 jeep Grand cherokke Limited and i mostly listen to rap & hip hop but have times when i listen to rock(rarely)

Edited by raf0350

i know this was your first and only post so far, so next time give us some more info about your setup, you know SUPER IMPORTANT things like... type of vehicle, the type of music you listen to, the amp you're going to be using.

you basicly said.. "hi i want box.. and i also want sub"

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

haha that was funny. anyways, i heard bandpass wasnt that great for spl.(but i have never dealt with bandpass so i could be wrong.. just seems like it would suck for it) if thats what your goin for?? idk. ive only seen like 2 builds with bandpass boxes. im sure thres more but it all depends what your lookin for. we need more detail man.. a LOT

lol.. ^^^

More details would be nice...

Personally I would go with a custom built ported/vented box. I don't really like the way that bandpass boxes sound, and plus they are really hard on the sub. A good ported enclosure should give you the bass that you want.

What are you planning on powering the BTL with?

i know this was your first and only post so far, so next time give us some more info about your setup, you know SUPER IMPORTANT things like... type of vehicle, the type of music you listen to, the amp you're going to be using.

ok i have added more info any idead now and srry bout that condusing site well for me.

lol.. ^^^

More details would be nice...

Personally I would go with a custom built ported/vented box. I don't really like the way that bandpass boxes sound, and plus they are really hard on the sub. A good ported enclosure should give you the bass that you want.

What are you planning on powering the BTL with?

bullshit

so for rap im assuming you want deep ground pounding bass? right? well then make, or pay a professional to build you a ported box for your cherokee. im gettin a cherokee in about 2 weeks and my memphis's m3s are goin in there

ok good but do you think that a single vented 3.4 cu ft enclosure would be good enought be the site recomends 2.8-4 cu ft and im not sure what is the biggest box size for that sub..

ok good but do you think that a single vented 3.4 cu ft enclosure would be good enought be the site recomends 2.8-4 cu ft and im not sure what is the biggest box size for that sub..

im sure there are specs online somewhere for it. ill look around. got nuthin better ta do lol

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/5664-official-fi-subwoofer-specifications-pictures-included/

hope this helps a little

well it does say 2.8-4. i personally would go with around 3.5 but its up to you. whichever is good for your jeep. if you cant fit a 4cube then move down but stay at 2.8 or larger and youl be alright i recon. but i dont know much about this shit so i wouldnt take my word and jump for it. good luck

Edited by lilsubs