Sonic Electronix

I got a buddy with a 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500.I have been talking with Steve over at Digital Designs and we have been talking about doing (2) 1008b or (2) 1010b.

Digital Designs 1000 Series Specs

I only have about 2-2.5 cubes to work with and he is wanting the absolute loudest bass on music without cutting into the bed; just keeping it all behind the back seat.Mounting depth is only about 5.75 inches MAX.I was curious about a few other options though.I'm not trying to start a giant this versus that thread, just looking for some experienced input from some people with some products I haven't used before.

I was curious about doing the 2 DD 8s or 10s OR:

(2) SoundSplinter RL-i8s Soundspliter RL-i8 Specs

(2) Sundown SA-8s Sundown SA-8 Specs

(4) BM MKIII 12s BM MKIII T/S Parameters

So there are about 4 different setups I'm looking at.Nothing has built or chosen as far as equipment goes.That will be picked accordingly to the final setup that is chosen.Again, I'm looking for the loudest, cleanest setup on music, mostly rap and hip-hop.With that being said, let the feedback rip :)

Edited by JBurt09

Out of that list the 2 DD 10's seem like they'd be the loudest (700W) just because they have better efficiency (83 vs 84 vs 85) but only if you can give them the space they need, if not use DD 8's.

If you aren't worried about SQ as much as output and can use 1.5-2k, get a fully loaded Fi BTL 12D2 and put it in 2.5 cubes @ 35hz. Use a Q or Icon or whatever if 1000W/cheaper route. If it's a single cab with a full length seat see if you can cut out room for the magnet to stick through the middle and invert it. Make sure you can actually fit 2.5 cubes with a port long enough for 35hz. If there is a spacer under the seat try taking it out and sit the seat on a thin box (like 4-5" tall) and invert the sub having it stick through the middle, would look sweet. I've never seen it done.

4 10's... rank and loud.

If you want to try and do something interesting you could remove the seats and fiberglass under them for additional box volume... and/or a port. Could do 12's with that lol ;)

Man now you've got me interested in doing something like this.. but I love my extended cab!! :(

Edited by STEvil

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

blow thru FTW. dont be scares to butcher your shit up. jacks truck was insane. super low.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

4 10's... rank and loud.

If you want to try and do something interesting you could remove the seats and fiberglass under them for additional box volume... and/or a port. Could do 12's with that lol ;)

Man now you've got me interested in doing something like this.. but I love my extended cab!! :(

I've thought about that before, to get extra airspace, but I don't think he is wanting something that will need that much fabrication or work.Just something on the more simple side behind the seat is what he is looking for.

The BTL is a very good sudgestion

either that or a NICE high powered 10" like a DC LVL 5 or even two SA-8s

but definately BTL or BL would be my first choice

Ha when you find a way to mount a BTL or LVL 5 in 5.75 inches of mounting depth, you hit me up.Haha that's my main limiting factor.

blow thru FTW. dont be scares to butcher your shit up. jacks truck was insane. super low.

If it were mine I'd be all for it.But it's not ha.Nice Tahoe SS in your avatar by the way.Haven't seen one of those in a WHILE.

You could put bucket seats in it, then put a 15 or 18 in the center inverted so the cone is behind the bucket seats with the magnet being an arm rest lol ;)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

DD 1510s would be badass.... I got 2 D4s for sale. If you're interested in buying used, shoot me a PM.

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on (2) DD Dual 4 ohm Soft Suspension 1008b's.After talking with Steve for a while, this is what would work best with the space I had.They will be shipping out Friday and I should receive them the next Thursday or Friday.Now I'm just looking for an amp to push them.Steve was talking about some of the DD amps, but I wasn't seeing an adjustable subsonic filter on it, which I would need since the box is going to be ported.Right now I've been looking at the Stetsom Digital V 1K5 H 1 Ohm, the Sundown SAZ-1000D, or a Digital Designs if I can find one with a nice subsonic filter on it.From looking at the site, I haven't seen one in the 1000 watt RMS at 1 ohm range though.I'm open to suggestions ;)

I gotta give a shout out to everyone at DD.They have always gone the extra mile with me in system design and to make sure I am getting exactly what I need for my wants and my applications.Steve has tons of knowledge and is a great guy to work with as far as getting you all hooked up.