Now I have a bigger problem

Miakehl

I swapped out the front speakers for the MB Quart components I just got today and they're great but I think I found another problem.

Now there is noise from the front stage. Like an audible static type noise coming from both front components. The noise get louder to the point of distortion as the volume nears max.

The rear stock (for now) speakers don't have the noise as far as I can tell.

Tomorrow the rear stock 6x9s will be replaced with the same MB Quart components, as I have to fab plates for them.

What could cause this noise to show up now and not earlier?

I think it's the HU. Maybe the ground for the HU. I dunno. It's too late today to tear it apart.

Halp?

[HOONIGAN]*

'01 Ford F-250 LWB
JVC KD-R950BT / Alpine MRV-M500 / (2) SWA-10s4

Are they wired through an amp to the cross overs or straight to the deck? We need info to help you

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

HU -> Comp XOver < Woofer/Tweeter

No amp, am poor.

Factory system was a BS component system, the signal comes from the woofer connection. I dunno if there was a factory XOver somewhere, I highly doubt it. If that the case, the factory speakers are going back in. I AM NOT running another motherfucking wire through those doorjambs. My hands look like it stuck them in a salad shooter.

[HOONIGAN]*

'01 Ford F-250 LWB
JVC KD-R950BT / Alpine MRV-M500 / (2) SWA-10s4

Ah I see what kind of a deck is it?

I feel you on tthat though,I recently ran over 200ft of speaker wire through the truck I see a new cut each day lol

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

i'd pull the HU and get a new piece of wire and a speaker and connected them sitting on the seat/floor where ever just to make sure the HU isn't a problem. Then you'll know if it's the HU or the factory wire causing problems.

“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.”

Winston Churchill

Archived