Sonic Electronix

i ground my headunit and EQ to the car's factory wire harness. i couldnt find a place to ground both to the car's chassis. any im getting whining noises from my speakers when i accelerate, but if i turn up the gain on the 4 channel it gets worse :[.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

i ground my headunit and EQ to the car's factory wire harness. i couldnt find a place to ground both to the car's chassis. any im getting whining noises from my speakers when i accelerate, but if i turn up the gain on the 4 channel it gets worse :[.

mine is a similar case but if my headunit is like on 1 or 2 vol. its like static noise and if i turn up the vol. to like 10 or 12 it goes away plays crystal clear and if i turn it back down its still crystal clear any input on this??? thanks everyone

i have the same issue, random cut outs of certain speakers, static, and i dont know what the issue is. Im thinking about buying a new indash and ipod cable, and going from there since i know its not my amps.

im hoping it was my highs amp something messed up inside it i guess it keeps blowing fuses as soon as i hook up the main power the fuses blow even with the deck off and car off my replacement will be here in a few days im praying it was the amp

Yeah that definately sounds like an amp problem

would this because by unplugging the rca's while the radio was on and plugging them back up? my highs started goin crazy with static and noise so i unplugged the rcas thinking it wouldnt mess my speakers up and it was still doing it with the rcas off the amp and i plugged them back in while the amp was on and went on protect and i heard the fuses blow unhooked the + battery cable and replaced the fuses on the amp and as soon as i hooked up the battery cable hear the fuses blow again with everything off im hoping my head unit isnt messed up from what the amp was doing

i have the same issue, random cut outs of certain speakers, static, and i dont know what the issue is. Im thinking about buying a new indash and ipod cable, and going from there since i know its not my amps.

but when i have the gain all the way down no static at all. i also hear hissing sounds when the volume is all the down but the gain not even half way up. its so annoying when i accelerate, it feel like my cars going to blow up lol. i have a Sony surround sound in my room, it also makes hissing noises with the volume all the way down im thinking with my car that is normal?

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

im totally lost what does this solve the noise u hear sometimes when the engine is on or using power windows??? if the pre-out is blown this will fix it? can this mess up a highs amp if your unplugging them while the deck is on? reason i ask is my highs amp starting making my highs speakers go in and out all crazy and no music came threw them just sound waves and static and the amp blew the fuses and stayed on protect i unhooked my rcas while the headunit was on and then plugged them back in and i seen a arc to the amp from the rca when i plugged it in

Shit. You saw an arc off of the RCAs? thats....that's fucked up. I'd say you need to check ALL your wiring. and order a new set of RCAs. damn.

Oh, and in the future, don't thread hijack... I'm actually perpetuating this by replying to your post.. but next time, make your own thread.

If it's convenient to ground separately I do. If it isn't, I solder up the harness, plug in the deck, and verify that there isn't any noise. If there is noise.... I trace back my steps, add a jumper ground as a test, and if it works I know where the problem is. If there isn't, I got lucky and everything is nice and soldered up, and can be unplugged in one go.

Archived