Sundown Audio

Amplifier Question

jojo42

Kind of a newbie question, but are there many amps that could pull off .5 ohm stable? or not really? Or should I roll with a Kicker ZX2500.1 for my BTL 18" D1?

2012 Ford Ranger:

Build comming soon!

• Kenwood DNX-6160
  • DC 175.4
  • 2 sets of O2 AR63 3-way Comps

if you have to ask then your not gonna be able to do it.

why did you buy D1 coils before picking out an amplifier to work well with the BTL? get the kicker amp.

I already had the ZX1000.1 laying around and couldnt afford to purchase a new amp, but now I'm just thinking more along the lines of a recone, then i'd be able to get something along the lines of a DTR2200 or something

2012 Ford Ranger:

Build comming soon!

• Kenwood DNX-6160
  • DC 175.4
  • 2 sets of O2 AR63 3-way Comps

Hell the recone will probably cost you $100.

Go with the Kicker or wait till latter this year and get an RF T2500-1cp as it will do 2500 at 2 ohm or get yourself 2 1500 watt amps 1 ohm amps and strap at 2 ohm them as that would be easist if you are a noob if the have master and slave controls and if you are experienced then you don't need to strap the amps.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

You have a ton of options with those coils and that power range but only if you have the experience.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

X2 on the RF... if you ever switch it up.. just keep EVERYTHING that comes with it... box packaging birthsheet ... all materials.... and keep it in immaculate condition.. it'll resell extremely well.

You have a ton of options with those coils and that power range but only if you have the experience.

I just wanted to say thanks for saying what you needed to say without shit talkin. Very well worded. Now back to the regularly scheduled program... :good:

Archived